Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JBJr's now for older Broadmoors

JBucketman

I would imagine it would also fit the 717, 727, 728, 738, System 5008 and maybe a couple of more in between. The AC Homesteader is also the same. Also the 1975 Homelite T-8 but not the earlier ones. Im not sure on the Simplicity 5010 or the Homelite Compact 10 because their frames are stretched. I know the snowblowers do not interchange from the shorter frames to the 5010 frames. Never have fitted a blade up to one. Sam

I have 3 Homesteaders. I am sure I could dig one out to try a bucket on. http://home.earthlink.net/~rickanderson2/_uimages/HSBlowerRight.jpg

Sam, I agree, they should be all the same. Simplicity is really good for keeping same interfaces throughout the years. I too thought the 5010 looked bigger. Kind of like the 4200 vs the 6200 series. Rick, All you would need is the Broadmoor hitch to make it work on your Homesteader. Your Landlord JBJr will bolt right up to it. I also saw a yellow AC that looked like a Broadmoor. Would this one be called a Homesteader too? http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/AC_models.htm Thanks, John

Guys, I just finished a 32" JBJr design for a 707 Broadmoor and am very very impressed whith it's capabilities and now have a new respect for Simplicity's engineering staff. A while ago somebody asked me if I would consider making one for the Broadmoor and at the time I felt it was built like any other lawn tractor ever made. i.e. (reduce the tractor's size and equaly reduce it's metal thicknesses along with taking away a heavy attachment lift lever). Boy... was I wrong here! They are built just strong as Landlords. I need some help from you experts on compatability over the years. I built it to fit a 707 but not exactly sure if other models + and - this one are the same. I fould this info page. http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/engine/broadmoor.htm There should also be some brand labels within AC and Homelite that it would work on too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John Scheele Johnny Products, LLC

What kind of price tag will one of these have for the Broadmoor.Its probably to early for you to tell yet but maybe a ball park figure to give me something to think about. mowerman1193

Do you guys have any knowledge if the if the 1964-1966 287, 288 and 303 Standard and Deluxe's had the same interfaces? I couldn't find any pictures for these. Thanks, John

The 5008, 5010 and 3008 have a front axle that is slightly different from the earlier models 728 and earlier (I don't know about the 738 - have never seen one). On these later tractors, the front axle tube is crimped towrad the front, rather than in the center of the round axle tube. This gives an extra inch of wheelbase - but moves the front wheels farther forward. See if this will affect the clearance of your bucket design. Tom

Tom, Thanks for the info. There shouldn't be a clearance issue but I might have to lengthen my lift link lenght by the difference. Thanks, John

I belive all the Broadmoors from 1964-1967 are the same exept different horse power motors.The in 1968 they went to the flat hood style 727 which is the same as 728-738 model again just different Hp.The attachments are interchangable I belive from 1964 though the 738 modelsin the mid 70's. mowerman1193