Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 314 Simplicity equivalent? b112 interchangabil

rickf

Hi, Stumbled into a 314 vari-drive... Needs some work, but the price was right ;) So, I don't see a xref for a simplicity model - wondering about a reasonable manual, Must be something close. More so, I have a b112 already, and a lot of the parts looked similar. Wondering if I can upgrade the 12hp motor in the b112 to 14hp? Motor seemed to have a smaller starter,and bit of a different electronics setup.. If any other other parts are the same. Looked very similar, but I don't have it home yet to check out. Will attacements be interchangeable? My heart likes the older b112 better, but if the 314 is beefier, maybe I should put the hydro over there and go with keeping that one for the long haul? I know most of you will say keep 'em both, but I have a project b207 as well... Two I can swing, three I don't want. My wife's the best, she just said "what a deal!" -Rick While I'm here. I have an original cart, just wish it was bigger for hauling pruned limbs etc. Anyone have a quick way to add bars or something to the side to allow me to pile up the branches & twigs?

Rick, if you are after functionabilty (I have no clue how that is spelled!) I would opt for the B-112 as more parts are available and they are a much more solid machine. The 314 is more of a collectors machine since parts are hard to find it could be a pain, good luck,-BradW

Rick, There is NO Simplicity equivalent to the Allis 300 or 400 series, and attachments won't interchange unless the 300/400 series has been retrofitted with a kit... Kent

Rick, the 314 is Simplicity from the center BGB back. But the engine is a Kohler, and your B112 is a Brigs (unless it has been changed). The Kohler will fit in your B112, but you will need to change the wiring. The mower deck on the 300/400 is light weight and very shallow. Which tractor has a hydro (your B112 is vari-drive, and so is the 314)? If they are not both vari-drive than the only thing that is interchangable is the differential. Good Luck! Mike S.

Thanks for the help! Didn't even think about this being a kohler, but had a look at it today on my way out and it is. It is the vari-drive, and I thought it looked pretty similar in the rear. Measured and it should fit in the van, so maybe I'll pick it up tonite or tomorrow and know more then. The deck is pretty toasted and yes, why is this version so shallow, had no idea until I turned it over. I think my 112 deck looks like it should fit. Always had problems keepin the center PTO idler lined up properly... Thanks again, and glad for any other hints... Rick