Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Aftermarket kt17 carb?

gravey72

I have, they worked great.  Had to drill out the throttle arm for the bigger plastic connector for the rod assembly to the governor, but other than, bolted right up, ran like a top.

Thanks Brett I appreciate your response. I just ordered one off amazon, there was a review saying they used it on a simplicity 7117 so I went with that one. I've ordered a few carbs in the past for different lawn equipment/motorcycles and it seems like there are so many different fitting one's out there and sellers just lie...I'll try and update as to how it works out. Thanks

I ordered one, then another, then found a rebuild kit, finally, for my original carb. I have removed the shiny new carbs from customer's machines and replaced with rebuilt junk carbs out of my scrap pile, til I do not have any more in my scrap pile. I will never buy another chinese carb. You cannot get parts for them, and their parts will not fit your original. When you get your new one, you will most likely have to reverse the choke linkage

20 minutes ago, MrSteele said:

I ordered one, then another, then found a rebuild kit, finally, for my original carb. I have removed the shiny new carbs from customer's machines and replaced with rebuilt junk carbs out of my scrap pile, til I do not have any more in my scrap pile. I will never buy another chinese carb. You cannot get parts for them, and their parts will not fit your original. When you get your new one, you will most likely have to reverse the choke linkage

I am sure there are bad experiences.  And I would rather buy a rebuild kit if I have a good carb to begin with, however, I have found half of the time, the rebuild kits for a few tiny brass pieces and a few gaskets, cost more than the Chinese complete carb.  My experiences have been good.  Perhaps I have been lucky.  You will not have to reverse any choke on the Kohler twin /Walboro knock off.  I had such trouble getting my M20 (same carb as the KT's) to run properly, hunting at idle, idle to WOT stumbling, etc.  Cleaned, new gaskets, nothing but problems.  Ordered a new knock off for about 20 bux, bolted it on, and it started instantly, idled and ran like a top.  I don't like buying the Chinese stuff.  But at some point, you can spend a fortune on these old tractors to get them up and running that you will never recover.  Gotta pick your battles.

• Like 2