Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
hurleyii

I'm just gonna leave this right here! Enjoy

720nut

Yea saw that a couple of days ago and yes wheelie bars, a lot of these around and some are pulling them on blacktop

Will have to say it would be a trip, but mine ain't big enough

• Like 1

Bill725

Reminds of about 3 years ago at a garden tractor show, a guy had a small block chevy powered case garden tractor there. Everyone at the show was impressed with it because it sounded like a race engine. Not knowing how Case garden tractors are constructed, I went to take a closer look. Understand, when I was in mid 20s, my Father & I built a mini-rod tractor powered with an alcohol injected 406 CI small block chevy with Crowerglide centrifugal clutch, 1-speed quick change gearbox for a transmission and a Dana 60 rearend. I first noticed there was no cover under the bell housing, so I laid on the ground and noticed there was absolutely nothing connected to the back of the crankshaft other than the flex plate with ring gear for the starter. I sat there and scratched my head wondering how t****power got to the rear axle. Then I noticed real long power steering lines running from the power steering pump to the hydraulic motor at the rear end. What a waste. LMAO.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bill725
9 hours ago, gravey72 said:

283 small block chevy but what size mower deck?

In this case, size doesn't matter. No matter how much power a JD has or the size of the mower deck, it still won't cut like a Simplicity.

• Like 1