Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

64/65 Simplicity Landlord

smalljob

What a fantastic job!  It is inspiring.  Between yourself and Stephen with his Twin Twenty, my ambition to tackle a T-15 is growing…

I use the same headlight rings and many if mine actually came with the foam pre-installed. Others did not 🤷‍♂️

Is it my eyes or are the headlights tilted back?  It almost looks like the light bar needs flipped to cast the light beam forward/down. 

I have one of the repop Nelson mufflers if such a thing interested you. I think I have a rear worklight mount and light as well. 

yes they are slightly tilted. The bar was twisted when I got it ( see earlier post) so it is possible that I didn't get it correct. I can play with it to see how I can improve it. Appreciate your comments. I might be interested in the rear light. Let me look around at some pictures to get an idea what they look like. I will send you a PM if I would like to proceed.

Thanks

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @Talntedmrgreen I have a nice work light. Another rainy day here in Massachusetts so a good day to get it installed and wired up. The hardest part was running the power wire so it would not get pinched on anything. I have all the lights controlled from the one light switch on the left light fixture.

IMG_0670.jpeg

IMG_0667.jpeg

IMG_0666.jpeg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow up.... I mentioned at the beginning that the PO had thrown in a Briggs 10HP ( 243431 0196 01 7008281) with the Landlord. I had some time over the last couple of weeks to play with it. There was no compression to start with. Let it soak with Marvel mystery oil and then spun it a bit and it freed up. I did not pull the head, but guessing maybe a valve was hung up????

There was no S/G but I have a spare from a parts 707. Not the correct size but I got it to fit ( I used this initially also on my B12 project last year).

There were two magneto's included, one regular and one magnetron. Neither were any good and no points. I had an old set of points in a box and and a Kohler coil and condenser so I wired them up.

Carb throttle plate shaft was badly worn so too much air was getting in and I could not stop it from racing unless I kept it choked. I had an old carb top in my stash which was in good shape so I swapped that out.

No muffler , just a straight pipe that was on it. Not sure what I will do with. The front shroud is missing so it probably would get hot if used too much in the summer months.

• Like 1