Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Jon Laughlin

Plow Blade Adjustment

Jon Laughlin

I am trying to figure out how to set up the plow engagement for best operation. I don’t know what to do with the holes on the engaging mechanism to hold the plow in place when just driving without plow engaged. Also, if there are any tricks of the trade that make it easier to engage and disengage the plow. There is a groove at the front of the bracket for when the plow is fully engaged.  Thanks. 

68F84683-99B0-48D3-83EF-1A9428237D5E.jpeg

E9CA9FC7-B555-4E04-A23D-30CA509E8A5D.png

PhanDad

The lift lever goes all the way back so the latch goes over the end as I tried to show in red in this pic:

604d48f292990_B110liftquadrant1.png.9c6f745406977443e82f5d3824e10ec3.png

That is the "transport" position where the blade is held off the ground.  

Edited by PhanDad

AC716
39 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

The lift lever goes all the way back so the latch goes over the end as I tried to show in red in this pic:

604d48f292990_B110liftquadrant1.png.9c6f745406977443e82f5d3824e10ec3.png

That is the "transport" position where the blade is held off the ground.  

Thanks PhanDan. I would have been asking before long myself. While we are on the subject, other than removing the feet underneath the plow to push dirt any other tips using it to push dirt.

Bill725

The forward notch is used to hold up rear attachments. When I use a moldbaord plow or a cultivator, I put a bolt in the hole to keep it from going down to far and latching. It's REAL exciting when snow plowing and the lift handle gets caught in the forward notch/down position or when using a rear attachment and it gets caught in the downward position.

• Like 1