Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy Hydrolics bucket rams

hurleyii

Ok guys so I need new bucket rams for sure and the current  LegacyXL parts are exact match in length open and closed but heavier duty then m current units. Anybody know where I can get them without buying dealer parts . I mean I really don't want to be bent over the counter at my local dealership. 

Also he had a rear box in his scrap pile he sold to me and. Legacy Kawasaki muffler with O2 bung . Gonna see if I can mod it for a command on a sovereign.

Surplus Center, I don't have info rite in front of me, but they carry a huge selection of cylinders and hydraulic items

20 hours ago, hurleyii said:

Anybody know where I can get them without buying dealer parts .

If you need cylinder dimensions, you can download the Legacy XL 1694396 FEL IPL and it has cylinder specifications.

I would agree with Lloyd and Bill.  Deterine specs and source from an alternate supply house.  I couldn't consider dealer pricing, though once in a while a proprietary peice can have a reasonable cost.  I have never seen any hydraulic components from Simplicity priced any way except excessive though.  

Thsoe rear weight boxes are pretty useful, but they sure don't seem to be in demand.  I have had a few and I'm not suprised your guy had it in the scrap pile.  I have given them away too.  

15 minutes ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Thsoe rear weight boxes are pretty useful, but they sure don't seem to be in demand.  I have had a few and I'm not suprised your guy had it in the scrap pile.  I have given them away too.  

Well he didn't give it away but very reasonable when I'm building a loader. The muffler appears to be a command muffler actually. I don't understand the box as he sells one with every Legacy XL he sells  a lot in our area. 

He let me take the measurements on the bucket cylinder and it's identical to my kwikways length open and closed. I also had the pleasure of being the one who operated the bucket. I sure would like that hydrolic control. With my hydro pedal conversion it would be a perfect mount on my dash. I'd assume it's got a floating option to on the new control. 

Thanks for all the help guys and do you guys have links to the places you mentioned. I found a place a couple years back that was supper reasonable but can't locate them now. 

As for actual cylinder sizing for the bucket they've all been 18" closed and 30 open. Oem is 20.5 to 30.5 on my loader. I've had a hard time finding 2" cylinders though they are all 1.5"

The longer and shorter cylinders would give me a little more role back which would be nice if my bucket has that much movent. 

Well thanks guys. Will keep you all posted.