Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

TJay

Agco 918H Oil?

TJay

Is the Hydro oil and final drive oil the same on the 918H Agco Allis? I see one drain plug on the bottom. But possibility 2 holes to fill? One front and one back. I can take some pictures if needed Thanks TJay.

PhanDad
18 minutes ago, TJay said:

Is the Hydro oil and final drive oil the same on the 918H Agco Allis?

Yes.

Fill through back tube (circled in red):

IMG_4786a.thumb.jpg.1b17a921e72cd1adb30bdf8fa14fa16d.jpg

Vent by lifting pin on side (circled in red):

IMG_4787a.jpg.cf065ff5aa15b1ef72bd82a17dee3f67.jpg

I make sure trans is warm and hydrolift cylinder is extended all the way to make sure you get a good fill.  You fill to the top of the angled fill tube.  

If you're just topping off the fluid, see step #8 of the instructions:

60575ca326f80_Sov75th1692899OpPg14.thumb.JPG.7272b729e13af68ed85002cb75397a4b.JPG

60575ca419475_Sov75th1692899OpPg15.thumb.JPG.43a5c5d83e056bc4d6fe0dad353fcb1b.JPG

Edited by PhanDad
Added Instructions
  • Like 2

CarlH

When I am putting in significant amounts of fluid (oil or filter change) I remove the front vent fitting and the cap in the rear and use a funnel in front.  Goes a lot faster.

• Like 1

TJay

Thanks Guys,  And thanks for the tip on opening the vent when filling. Also is there a special oil to use or is it a multi purpose Hydraulic fluid? I tried to look on the online manual but it keeps saying I dont have access. So sorry if this has been discussed a million times.

Bill725

The Simplicity manual states: Type A, F or Dexron ATF. I happen to use Amsoil Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil 5W30 only because during the cold winter months I had an issue during initial startup with pump cavitation and creep due to viscosity.

PhanDad

Both your BGB and tranny came with "Simplicity Multi-Purpose Hydro Transmission Oil".  

As long as a PO didn't change it out (many "oils" are acceptable) that's what I'd use.  

The Simplicity product is no longer available (unless a dealer still has some on a shelf).  I've been using:   

image.thumb.png.0089451970a70c0ac6eb9d62020d80a9.png

From Tractor Supply Co.