Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B & S Alternator question

Horvik

Hello;

I have a 326437 / 2527-01 Briggs and need the alternator stator. I found on the Briggs site part # 592830 . New to that site, is that the correct part  and does it include the pigtail. connector?

Looking at their site it can read two ways.

Thank a lot

max;

On that site you recommended the relative numbers were all blacked out. So that's why in my OP I asked if that part number was correct.

All the best

This parts manual covers your model and spec:

image.png.f385a47fdc3a7c259c1089f5d2f50353.png

image.thumb.png.5d5c8da1ec3c480b12a4e5001b3118af.png

image.thumb.png.ae84ba2ff165dbcebf831fec44a47906.png

So as I read it, you need part #393295 which is superseded to 592830 which is the part you list.

If by "pigtail" you mean the wires that connect to the voltage regulator, they are included.  But not the +12V wire from the voltage regulator.  

11 minutes ago, Horvik said:

On that site you recommended the relative numbers were all blacked out.

IMO, the layout at that site is weird. 

You click on the blacked out numbers and a pop-up box appears telling you the part number and cost.

Didn;t realize by clicking on the blacked out section that it would pop up another box. Funny they don't mention that on their site.

Thanks for the good help..

9 hours ago, PhanDad said:

IMO, the layout at that site is weird. 

You click on the blacked out numbers and a pop-up box appears telling you the part number and cost.

Click bait?

3 hours ago, dhoadley said:

Click bait?

I wouldn't call it bait - it's just an odd way of showing the part info rather than scrolling down to a parts list that tells you the info including availability.  

It's faster since you don't have to scroll, so I guess once you're aware of how it works it's faster.  One click to open box and another to put it in your cart.