Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Quote of the day

JonetteP

This is for humor only. I think we should all list funny quotes like this. This is from e-bay. "This is the best mower that Home Depot sells" LOL Neal

Nothing quite so effective, (NOT!) when writing sales puffery, than the writer not being aware he/she is "damning with faint praise." Pretty funny.

Gremlins????? anin't those the little bugs you keep trying to find and work out of something you need to keep working..MPH

The quote from smilin sam is something I put, alot of people don't leave feedback, it has been a pain, I bought a Case sc knife, guy wouldn't leave feedback, have had good dealings on the sickle mower, I don't think ratings mean much, I come out with my truth, many won't......BradW

I went to look at a tractor that was "in good condition and running great when I parked it last fall". I get there and the carb. is missing, the head is off, and missing one rear wheel. >>> Mike S.

I'm partial to the one where the guy had a -2 feedback rating and said "Bid with confidence"................

I like the one that says "No Reserve" but starting bid is $250. At least you don't have to guess

I get a kick out of the thing folks classify as "rare" on ebay, give me a break, or when they put "collector", yeah right. dougm

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. I'm not 40-something. I'm $39.95, plus shipping and handling. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Hey Doug -- just tell your missus that you're a very rare collectible (according to eBay definitions) -- there was only one of you EVER made... The question that prompts is "does your value increase as you get older too..." I know some of my parts are starting to wear out, with all the miles (and hours on the meter) that I've accumulated.

When Columbus came to America, there were no taxes, no debts, and no pollution. The women did all the work, while the men hunted or fished all day. Ever since then, a bunch of idiotic do-gooders have been trying to "improve" the place.

Kent, She knows the following, One owner some rust high miles linkage loose brain box needs repair shoes worn as far as value, some folks consider crosley cars "collectors" or Ford Pintos "rare" and AMC Gremlins valueable,go figure?! ps, let me guess, at least one club member loves Gremlins...e-gads. doug