Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy diesel

Chris in WI

I am new to the site, figured out to search for posts.. I see a lot of discussion about these tractors.. are all legacy tractors shaft drive decks driven from the rear ?

Edited by Chris in WI

On 3/26/2021 at 6:55 PM, Chris in WI said:

Looking for opinions on a legacy with the diesel engine option? Stay away or are they good?

I've owned my 2001 Legacy since 2004,  it's built like a tank, I have the kwikway older style loader and the older deck that the shaft goes to the front behind the axle, over 1000 hrs. and it still runs like a top, I've worked the daylights out of this tractor and it's tough as nails, had some issues with the lower wire harness, and replaced the front PTO shaft with the kit, every two years I take out the radiator and clean it well, this design lets grass and dirt get stuck in the lower fins, causes high temps. I would recommend one any time!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 7:17 PM, Chris in WI said:

I am new to the site, figured out to search for posts.. I see a lot of discussion about these tractors.. are all legacy tractors shaft drive decks driven from the rear ?

The older Legacy's have the shaft powered off the front PTO,  they have the peerless 2600 transaxle which is silver as opposed to the newer models with the tuff torque K-92 transaxle ( black) with the pto at the rear and uses the rear driven decks.

Edited by RedbarnRick
  • Like 1