Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

So I got tired of bugging the neighbor. So I did a thing

hurleyii

Well I don't know anything about this except its probably almost 90 years old and it'll probably outlive the most expensive drill press I could purchase today and still run. Another 100 years. It's a Milwaukee Delta or Delta Milwaukee. Which leads me to believe Milwaukee is an actual offshoot of Delta. It's model tag on back says Delta as a manufacturer. I'd live to know more about this if anyone knows anything about them.

IMG_20210328_185838.jpg

• Like 1

I'll bet it weighs a couple of pounds. I was gifted something similar and it had to tip 100 lbs.

• Like 1

Well it's at least 100lbs I did a little searching on them and found some parts on ebay for sale along with an reproduced owners manual. I learned there's no safety shroud for the belt. Lord have mercy the safety nanny's are gonna die!

Edited by hurleyii
More context

7 minutes ago, gwiseman said:

I've got a similar looking press branded Atlas.  @maxwood led me to an old tool website that will give you lots of history and put you in contact with others who own and operate similar ones.  I think the website is http://vintagemachinery.org 

Hmmm this is tempting but I may have to restrain myself I spent an hour coming thru ebay for parts and info. Then did a search for a lathe.  This smells sneakily like another addiction to old stuff, that took part in making our equipment. You guys be careful or the new unstated rule will be your required to have at least one vintage manufacturing machine or equipment per tractor. That's 2 for me I purchased a 40 year old cutting torch system last week! Got tired of these throw away gauges. I've already been looking at vintage ARC welders to.

Edited by hurleyii
  • Like 1

Hello, the drill press you have is called a DP220 . delta  Yours looks in good shape  ,not allot of drill mistakes in the table ( called the arc of shame)

there is a tag on the right side casting that has # on it ,yours looks to be painted over . they will tell you the age  ,when you decipher the numbers

Vintage machinery .org has a huge database of manufacturers  that help to identify machinery, 

they are very helpful  over there in the discussion forum.

They call excessive collecting ( The Slippery Slope)

Thanks Ken in MI

3 drill presses ,  1942 delta unisaw, 1939 craftman wood lathe ,  craftsman power hack saw, delta 14 in bandsaw,

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maxwood said:

They call excessive collecting ( The Slippery Slope)

I think we have some new SimpleTractors terminology. :DdOd666

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So did I stumbled on a diamond in the rough here. FB is now stalking me since it was a confirmed purchase and I'm getting them pop up in marketplace for 400-500 for the home version and the actual Rockwell model. I paid 100.00 for it.

Hello, were you able to read any production numbers on the I.D. Tag?  the age and condition  contributes to the value .

Here is a photo of one  I sold for $225 the buyer traveled 80 miles  to come buy it.

Thanks Ken in Mi

IMG_3689.JPG

IMG_3699.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

Edited by maxwood
  • Like 2