Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 700 #'s

Kent, wasn't the round reservoir the later model? Both my B-210 and my HB-212 have the round reservoir. This is the original hydraulic on my HB-212, and the one on my B-210 is an original from a 3212V Simplicity. The page you linked in shows a rectangular reservoir, and is dated approximately 1964. This is a few years before the B-200 series and the Simplicity 3200 series. Pat

Big Tens (and later "Bumblebee" B-10s, B-12s, B-110s, B-112s, B-210s, and B-212s) were available with an optional hydraulic lift, as shown in the picture from the Big Ten brochure, below. The lift was available as a dealer-installed kit for even the early 9-HP B-10s... Two different models of the hydraulic lift kit were used over time, one with a "round" reservoir (later version) and the earlier one shown with a "square" reservoir. The kits were interchangeable. The kit was later [UPDATED] factory installed if you ordered it that way, yet still available as a kit. Last year I bought some new left side panels for Simplicity 3110/3210s (B-110/210 equivalent) where the dealer had removed them and installed kits... they sold quickly to other club members... ---------------ADDED ----------------------- Teach me to go from memory -- I was wrong... Big Tens could not be ordered with hydraulic lift, though late model Bumblebee B-10s and later could -- they have a different product (i.e. MFR) number. See the X-ref table, it shows electric start (ES) standard, and the different numbers are for power lift (PL) and manual lift (ML). I guess it was only a dealer-installed option on the Big Tens and early 9HP B-10s... ---------------------------------------- B-1s could not be retro-fitted with hydraulic lift, to the best of my knowledge, since they used a different "bulkhead" under the dash...[A href='http://simpletractors.com/attachments/hydraulic_lift.htm'][img src='http://simpletractors.com/images/big_ten/rear_hitch_small.jpg'][/a]

Pat, You're right -- I checked my tractors (and the picture), then edited my reply above... Once again, I was going from memory, knowing I had one of each, and screwed it up.... Guess I should just shut up and let the experts respond -- my CRS syndrome seems to be getting worse.... Kent

Where on the tractor will I find the serial # and other #'s? I also found out that I was wrong on the yr. of my B-12. I was looking through the site and I could not find where the Big Ten had hydraulics, all I could find is that it had electric start.

Label located behind the back seat stuck to the pan in plain sight..Engine number on the carb side of the engine..Woody

I'm no expert, by far. Just wondering what I had. It all gets very confusing at times, particuarly when you consider the number of years that parts were interchangeable, even though they looked different. Pat

On your B-12 the engine # should be like Woody stated, on your 700, I'm guessing it would have a model 19 engine and should have a plate on the front of the engine behind the grill like my 725 and landlord do. MPH

I will assume that the numbers have been removed from the Simplicity because there is not a trace of a sticker or tag on it behind the seat.

One place Simplicity messed up was with thier stick on numbering tags. The glue just wasn't good enough to last as long as the tractors they built..Think ita the sign of a 'rare one' thats always been inside stored to get one with tags on it..Kinda too bad, but 'thats life' MPH

Closely study the pictures, specifications, and options for the B-series. You should be able to determine what you have. If your Briggs engine does not have a plate, inspect the sheet metal (tin) shroud very carefully for numbers. Briggs stamps numbers very lightly and then covers them with paint. Use sand paper and a strong light.