Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TTDE419

720 CCKB RPM ADJUSTMENT

TTDE419

Trying to bring a basket case 720 back to life, got the CCKB engine and we had to replace the flywheel since a magnet let go, which broke the armature mounting bolt so we had to replace the timing cover.  Anyway trying to get this thing to hit 3600 for the high and 1200 for the low idle, I bought the Onan governor spring (part number 150-0098) put it on but it really doesn't do anything.  Even when those pieces to get farther apart the spring really doesn't stretch much at all.   Here is the picture of the setup.  I was wondering if someone could shoot a picture of their set up to see if I have this messed up.  Also any tips are welcome.  I did go through the initial set up per the AC service manual but no luck.

Thanks

Tom

File_000.jpeg

TTDE419
14 hours ago, 720nut said:

Is this original motor or a generator motor 

Great question LLoyd, I got this motor with the tractor and a spare, not sure it's the original.  Here is a picture of the tag.

IMG_0733.JPG

720nut

according to the tag looks original but ya can never tell anymore as people keep changing thing.

the reason I asked was because gen motors have a lower rpm and govenor has more weight balls