Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

thedaddycat

The Cat is back

thedaddycat

It's been about a decade since I was active here but now I'm back. I'm getting the Putt Putt running again and looking for a rear lift for my 7112 H. Those are the only two tractors I have left, though I do have a bunch of implements to go with them. Old timers will know and newer members can look me up. I'm going to have to figure out how to get pics from my phone onto my desktop so I can make decent posts again.

In going through some stuff I found some things that maybe only a few of you have seen but maybe you have heard of before. Does anyone have a sickle bar mower that you need some cutter sections for? I have a bunch of them. Glass sediment bowl fuel filter? Yep. Manual mania, a stack close to a foot deep with anything from an original 700/725 owners manual to the three book set for the 7000, mid mount grader blade, blowers and mowers (rotary and sickle bar), all kinds of good stuff. 

I even have a hen's tooth.... Yep, NOS pivot bushing for the Hi/Low drive. I've had most of the neat stuff over the years, but honestly I never had any use for something like the 540 RPM PTO, sickle bar mower or Weed and Brush Cutter. That thing was awesome but scary!

So here's the deal, I have a lot of stuff that can help a lot of folks that I'm not going to take with me into retirement. I have a few things that I need help with... If you're looking for something old and odd let me know and I'll see what I can do.

• Like 2

SmilinSam

Heyyyyy   Kirk...nice to see you are still arounddOd

Last thing I remember from years ago that you were doing was going into housecleaning mode...and a comment that went something like " What do I need with all this junk?"&:)

I must confess I reached that sentiment myself too a while back.  Even got down to just  4 or 5 machines there for a while.  Back up to around 10 or eleven again though now9_9  The pandemic has helped...no auctions so to speak to feed the problem....

Only thing I need right now (partswise) is a single original yellow front plastic wheel cap for a Big Ten. .Would be a total fluke if you happened to have  a loose  lonesome one of those....

PhanDad

Welcome back. 

1 hour ago, thedaddycat said:

I'm going to have to figure out how to get pics from my phone onto my desktop

One way to get pics in a post is to start the post on your phone, click on the red “Click to choose files” at the bottom of the input box and your phone photo library should appear. Chose the pics you want and they’ll be uploaded. Have the cursor at the spot you want the pic, then click the “+” sign on the pic thumbnail.  That’s how it works for me using an iPhone. 

You can finish the post typing on the phone (not my preference - untrained fat thumb issue) or post it with an “under construction note” and then edit it from your desktop PC. 

Picture handling is much easier with “new” site software. 

• Like 2

gwiseman

Hi Kirk, really good to see you back! Kent urged me to start blogging on here and I have but much less than when he was alive. He was correct in that you can start a thread, add pictures, and just continue a story that you can share and is easily searched by other members. Looking forward to watching PuttPutt get revitalized.

thedaddycat

OK Sam, here's what I have. Like I said, it's in sad shape. I think the black cups are a similar item. Plain and serrated sickle sections, moon caps, and that little red thing is....

Somebody's got to know. 

KIMG1074.JPG

Edited by thedaddycat
  • Like 2

ShaunE
31 minutes ago, thedaddycat said:

Somebody's got to know

Pivot Bearing - #157354.

You know.  Those things everyone needs that has a Hi-Lo.  Along with the Pivots themselves.

Glad to have you back Kirk.

• Like 1