Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Awsome mowing 4040

prez

Just want to thank Paul, Jeff, and everyone who helped me in my little project here. Cut my lawn for my first time, and now I know why there was so many rave reviews for the simplicity cutting decks. My neighbor stopped by today and helped fine tune the onan. Once again thank you for your help and hopefully I will post pictures SOON! Mike

Glad to hear that, Mike. I hope it was well worth the effort you put forth. Man, your grass was probably knee high by now. Best of luck. Jeff P.S. Now that your seasoned veteran, you'll have to find another one to work on. It gets easier as you become experienced.

I tried to get a 720 with 72 inch deck, 3pt and rear pto last Sunday but when I asked the guy what it would take to buy it he said it can't be done..MPH

Marty, Sounds like he was a proud owner, and rightfully so. 72" deck? I'm pretty sure it was a 60" deck - unless it was a 3-point finish mower. The 60" decks have the grass chute built in, so the decks will actually measure ~ 68" across. Jeff

Jeff, I wish you were right on him being a proud owner, it sits outside and hasn't been touched since I saw it last summer. The man use to deal them and got it back from a chruch he donated it to after a repo deal back then. Always wanted one, now deals New holland/ford/IH case, so he's gonna fix it some day. At least I got an on tractor look at how the 3pt is mounted. Your most likely right on the deck, didn't have a tape on me so I did the old arm stretch..MPH