Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SmilinSam

40" Grader

SmilinSam

Went to the auction today...couldnt help myself. Besides it met the main criteria....it was cheap.

large.DSCN2534.JPG.09ef5076266896acf2cd6

Now if I could just find a  707 Simplicity Broadmoor in reasonable shape close by.

I was not going to even go to the auction, but a run through the pictures on the auctioneers website had me catch a glimpse of what looked like  part of a Simplicity grader blade cut off at the bottom corner of one of the photos.  I  blew the picture up and was sure it was a sSimplicity, but couldnt tell from the bad photoif it was a 42" Garden tractor version or the 40" lawn tractor version. Well, I found out&:)

utout

• Like 4

SmilinSam
33 minutes ago, PhanDad said:

Will the small frame grader bolt onto the large frame grader hitch? (Hole diameter and spacing the same)

I bet not. 

I dont know.  The part that bolts to the blade is quite a bit different than a larger frame grader blade.

Here is a picture of the underside....

large.DSCN2535.JPG.da4597e0e69040db2e8c5

As you can see, on these there is no lower receiver plate like there is on a large frame blade. That and the lift chain attaches to the forward hitch part rather than the blade-(like on a large frame blade). I also think these blades are not as tall as that 42" blades for the larger tractors.

Content to set it back in the shop . Gives me another excuse to buy another tractor9_9 I keep eyeballing a Homesteader Stephen has sitting over at his place, but I really would like to find a 707 like I had when I was a kid.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

TimJr

Belly graders on the 707 are really handy.  Thought I had a better pic.  Really easy to control the blade downpressure with your feet.

I rescued this grader blade out from under a Cub Cadet.  Fortunately it hadn't been hacked up too badly other than the front attaching pin holes had been way hogged out and they had cut off the little leg that the lift chain attaches to.  I found a bushing that fit the hole and had the proper ID for the Simplicity pins, so I welded the bushings in and ground the sides smooth.  I found some flat stock that matched the dimensions of the frame and copied one of my NOS blade hitches to repair that.  Quick shot of paint and good to go.

100_2829.JPG

Edited by TimJr
  • Like 4