Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Agco Allis 1920H

JWitty

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Just picked up an old agco Allis 1920H. It’s fairly high on hours but the engine was replaced just a few years ago. I had a couple questions on it. How do I check the hydro fluid and is there a procedure to replacing it? Also, it creeps very slightly in neutral either forward or reverse depending which way it was before getting placed in neutral. Is there an adjustment I’m assuming to help this? Last question, on the deck, the hight adjustment lever is broke off. I think I found one online but not sure if it would work. Does someone have a part number or something to verify? I’ll try uploading a picture of the tractor. 

556B210D-6D9A-4C47-B91B-B6DC2A297643.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi,

Can't help on the lift lever, but the hydro can be adjusted.  The procedure is in the owners manual which can be downloaded free on the Simplicitymfg.com site.  Use the mfg. number for a sunstar, same tractor with different decals.  Also, there is a cam follower bushing that wears, it can be replaced to tighten up the hydro control, this is also in the book.  The hydro should be full to the top of the fill tube on the back of the hydro, and procedure for changing is also in book.

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve-wis said:

Hi,.  The hydro should be full to the top of the fill tube on the back of the hydro, and procedure for changing is also in book.

I think Steve has this confused with a Soveriegn style tractor. 

Actually there a clear plastic tube that loops up at the back of the transmission on the right side( as standing at the rear of the tractor) and there should be about a 1/2"  to no more than 1" of oil showing inside it.

The fill tube is up under the hood by the hydraulic valve and has a screw on plastic cap. If you put too much oil in you will end up with oil leaking around the seals at the axle if not worse.

4 hours ago, CarlH said:

Mower deck height adjustment handle/tube is the same for 48" and 60" decks PN 1675710.

This is the one I found online. Has a different PN.

A26C4066-2A9C-42D5-A638-F1ED28D3F959.png

1 hour ago, JWitty said:

This is the one I found online. Has a different PN.

The one you have pictured wont work. Its a totally different handle and latch mechanism.

Here is a picture off the net of one on a deck. 

3020929.jpg

As you can see the deck lever has no bend in it like the one you found. The latch is also more of a rounded rod sort of thing rather than a flat bar type like the one in your picture.

13 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

The one you have pictured wont work. Its a totally different handle and latch mechanism.

Here is a picture off the net of one on a deck. 

3020929.jpg

As you can see the deck lever has no bend in it like the one you found. The latch is also more of a rounded rod sort of thing rather than a flat bar type like the one in your picture.

Ah ok I see that. I see that parts tree has all the parts to make the handle, but just the tube alone is $115. Yikes. 

2 hours ago, JWitty said:

I see that parts tree has all the parts to make the handle, but just the tube alone is $115. Yikes. 

Yes, not cost effective to build the unit you need from the new parts counter. Auto makers do the same thing. Say you want a new seat for your car. They dont offer the seat as a whole unit, you have to buy it piece by piece. Drives everyone to the used parts market, and those prices are steadily rising too.

These lever assemblies do show up on Ebay from time to time. You can also do a search for garden tractor salvage yards and see if you can find one that has what you need and is setup to sell and ship items. Someone in here might have one to sell sooner or later too.

3 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

Yes, not cost effective to build the unit you need from the new parts counter. Auto makers do the same thing. Say you want a new seat for your car. They dont offer the seat as a whole unit, you have to buy it piece by piece. Drives everyone to the used parts market, and those prices are steadily rising too.

These lever assemblies do show up on Ebay from time to time. You can also do a search for garden tractor salvage yards and see if you can find one that has what you need and is setup to sell and ship items. Someone in here might have one to sell sooner or later too.

What model are these decks? If there’s a sell/want section of this forum I’ll post on there. 

On 4/19/2021 at 1:23 PM, JWitty said:

What model are these decks? If there’s a sell/want section of this forum I’ll post on there. 

I dont know all the mfg#'s, I just know them as "Sunstar" decks. Whether its a 48" or a 60" I think the cutting height adjustment levers are all the same as Carl indicated above. The Sunstar decks are the only ones that use that particular lever arrangement.

I have had those levers myself in the past to sell back when still I sold parts. I think they just bolt on with 2 bolts.

Heres a link to the classifieds section...

Classifieds - Simple trACtors

I would just make sure and get a picture of what you are buying from the seller, and make sure there are no stress cracks in the lever down above where they bolt on. Usually around the top bolt hole  area if I remember right. 

On 4/19/2021 at 2:23 PM, JWitty said:

What model are these decks?

20 minutes ago, SmilinSam said:

I dont know all the mfg#'s, I just know them as "Sunstar" decks.

This Operators Manual may list all the SunStar decks (as well as all the SunStars?):

image.png.9f0da8e3c1c643f2848c0e1a2f03796a.png

• Thanks 1