Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy : For those lovers of that Green ...a what if?

SmilinSam

14 hours ago, spi said:

It's like looking at a plate of peas, kind of makes me shudder.

I love peas. dOd

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 4:25 PM, SmilinSam said:

I told @a_sannine a while back I would throw some of my mixed up Green paint on a Legacy hood to see what it would look like....

large.DSCN2540.JPG.416d484e0a2ec42573f16

large.DSCN2541.JPG.9c9df84aab0e8b13d2f10

large.DSCN2543.JPG.3ad70650398ceee15f366

Yikes 😳 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I guess as they say:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,  my orange doesn't really match , hood and seat pan but I'll take it anyday over the green regardless what shade it may be, Just my usual  $.02

Quick question Sam, are you parting this tractor out ?

Edited by 720nut

6 minutes ago, 720nut said:

Quick question Sam, are you parting this tractor out ?

Its in the shop right now to cut up and shelve the parts  to keep Logans and my Legacy going. Tired of it taking up floor space in the shed.  We have been using it up to fix out tractors. I robbed the driveshaft  & front wheels/new tires to put on mine, and logan took the heim off the steering cylinder for his recently. Basically saving the transmission, hydraulics, steering, electrical and engine related components.  Sent the floor pan to another club member to replace his rusted out pan, because neither of us needed that.

This is the same tractor the loader you got came off of. Not worth fixing as the front end ...axle and spindles are totally shot. That and the tilt steering mechanisim is gone.. Previous owner replaced that with a straight up flange bearing bolted into the dash around the steering shaft.

• Like 1

Regardless of the color, that is a good paint job.  If one of us needs a new hood and likes it as is or is color blind, we know where to look.

56 minutes ago, PGL said:

Regardless of the color, that is a good paint job.  If one of us needs a new hood and likes it as is or is color blind, we know where to look.

I do appreciate he vote of confidence, but if you could look at it up close its not that great. A little orange peely. Needs some wet sanding with super fine paper to get it smoothed out to where it is when I use spray cans.. This time I did get the paint mixed and the gun set way better than I usually do though.

Main poroblem is that I paint with a gun so infrequently that I never get any good at it..

• Like 2

When they were new I didn't care for the color, now it seems to be an acquired taste.  Not that you are going to spend the money, but I believe it would look a lot different with some type of decal to break up the overwhelming amount of green.

• Like 1