Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bird76Mojo

Powermax front rib tires?

Bird76Mojo

Does anyone offer a single or triple rib tire for the front of the Powermax series tractors, that look like the larger farm tractor tires? Like what's on the 185, 210, etc.. I'd like some to match the rear ag tires I plan to buy. I'd love to make a small replica of my father's 210 AC out of my Allis 720 so we could get some good pictures of them together.

These would be perfect if they offered them in a 10" size. I don't really want to go to the larger "ag tire" option that the Powermax tractors had when bought new. I like the smaller rims and lawn oriented tires visually, but would like some single rib tires. I was just curious if anyone had found anything like these 8" tires, but in a 20x8.00-10" size:

I've got half a notion to contact some manufacturers through Alibaba to see if they could be made for me. They often sell samples for extremely low prices.

18_850_8_HAR_3_rib_4__06409.1523545769.jpg.03577d402917e4414afc65336d9b28e7.jpg

Now to find someone to laser cut me some pieces to make my dual adapters...

Edited by Bird76Mojo

Talntedmrgreen

I have Economy dual adapters I could get some measures of, if you are planning to run the narrow rears.  I like the spacing they provide with 8-16s.  I ran a set of 9.5’s on a 9020 once, and really liked those too.  Trouble was, it would burn belts pulling a plow with the taller tires, and required low range, which was agonizingly slow for that work. 

AB88E813-8938-499F-8323-6DDE62C5D041.thumb.jpeg.7099c6522d0dea14108f00ef345f7afa.jpeg

2F661D33-3122-4A89-929A-D04476A4D0C3.thumb.jpeg.932f3bcc83d4dca08d2f876dfbd3fa27.jpeg

47289551-0BB1-41E8-9F58-E3463AD3D12E.thumb.jpeg.fb3656d751762dd6497346f32ecec711.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Bird76Mojo

I have a very nice pair of vintage 8-16 Firestone rice tires that I'd love to run but I'm still searching for a matching set to run the duals. I'll probably never find a matching pair though.

Bird76Mojo

I had the brand wrong on the vintage tires I have. They're Bridgestone Farm Service Lug Special. As seen here: Bridgestone rice tires  They're still being made. Though, they've changed the tread design and added a "-M" to the end of the name. 

I know, I know... They're too aggressive.. They'll kill my tractor.. Don't care. I'll fix whatever breaks. sm00

Still no luck locating front rib tires for the smaller Powermax 10" rims.

These are all I've found so far, and they're not exactly what I'm looking for: Rib tire

Bird76Mojo

These might be an option for dual adapters. They state that custom sizes are available.

https://adairargosales.com/accessories/axle-extensionswheel-spacers/

This company makes custom wheel spacers that could be used to weld up your own dual adapters.

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/boltpatternguide.html

720nut
7 hours ago, B10Dave said:

Bolt pattern on front axle is 5 on 4 1/2. Get a set of 12in. trailer rims and mount the 12 in. three rib tires like on small IHC tractors. Cubs and Cub Lo Boys.

Also make it steer like power steering,  I've got a parts tractor that has a set of 8.50x12's on it and they don't look bad, maybe a set of 8.50 ag's in my future ??

• Like 1