Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Agco Allis 1616H model#1692285

NoT AgAiN

Does anyone have a colored wire harness diagram for the engine and dash on one of these. All I find is one that don't show the specifics.

Please help a guy in need.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 2:11 PM, NoT AgAiN said:

Does anyone have a colored wire harness diagram for the engine and dash on one of these. All I find is one that don't show the specifics.

You may want to post this in the "Talking Tractors" area to receive more visibility.

On 5/8/2021 at 3:11 PM, NoT AgAiN said:

From the 1994 Simplicity Electric Info Manual:

image.png.b3dc7ce33cd500c5e0e683c6b589ddad.png

The above diagram hi-lights the Ignition/Shutdown wiring.  

• Like 1

Thank you very much greatly  appreciated.

I did try to repost, but not successful.

Never had this problem before. I changed the coils, rectifier, plugs and alternator, but still no fire. Will try searching for a short, but nothing else to try changing.

Thanks again

Edited by NoT AgAiN

19 hours ago, NoT AgAiN said:

Never had this problem before. I changed the coils, rectifier, plugs and alternator, but still no fire.

I would suspect the safety switches and/or interlock module.  The interlock module is shown at the bottom middle of the diagram.  It is probably keeping the magneto coils grounded.  Check pin #7 of the lower harness plug (middle right of diagram) for constant ground even if safeties are satisfied.  

The safety wiring is highlighted in this wiring diagram:

image.png.95a9404e15fa0917205ded1329a2c9cd.png

Thanks for all the info, I did finally get it going. It didend up being grounded and I had the gap of the coils  out a tad over. I never would had found it with out the diagram and triple checking. Must be an age moment, Thanks again, I owe you a beer or which ever.

Appreciated.

• Like 1