Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor 5008 and 990882 snowthrower, which hitch?

Bob DeVarney W1ICW

Hi All,

just received a Broadmoor 5008 as a gift along with a bunch of attachments. The most important to me is the snowthrower; getting it ready for the 2021/22 season.

I have a 990882 snowthrower but I can't seem to find the assembly number for the hitch needed. It appears to be missing and I am not sure if the donor will be able to find it.

Can anyone help me with the numbers?

Go to:

Manuals | Simplicity (simplicitymfg.com)

Scroll down a little then click on "tractor" on the screen center

then type in the 990882 number in the box

From there you can download the parts manual for the blower.

Hitch assembly is on page 4 I believe.

There is not a single number for the hitch assembly. Its  parts numbers piece by piece. But there are drawings so you can see what it generally looks like.

There are two styles of blower hitches for that type of Broadmoor. The later style with 2 pulleys in a "V" configuration is the original for a 5008 and works better than the single pulley design. This stuff is getting hard to find, so if you find the single pulley hitch, grab it!

Tom

1690034 is the mfg number for the 32" blower with the 2 pulley hitch. You can find the diagram by entering that number as Sam described above.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 7:00 PM, SmilinSam said:

Go to:

Manuals | Simplicity (simplicitymfg.com)

Scroll down a little then click on "tractor" on the screen center

then type in the 990882 number in the box

From there you can download the parts manual for the blower.

Hitch assembly is on page 4 I believe.

There is not a single number for the hitch assembly. Its  parts numbers piece by piece. But there are drawings so you can see what it generally looks like.

I have that information. I'm just curious if I see something that "looks like" the correct item in a listing on say, eBay can I have confidence that it will work, or do I have to find an EXACT replacement for the hitch parts listed?

I may have one. I have a right hand turbo vac for a simp to. 

No part numbers on hitch assemblies but its belt number is 1665638

IMG_20210516_174825.jpg

Looking around the internet here are some pictures I found of the  blower you have numbered above.  If that is the blower for your 5008, then @hurleyii's    hitch above wont work.  That 5008 would be one of the System 5008 style and be the same basic tractor as the old 728/738 Broadmoors.

Here are some pictures on the net...

s-l400.jpg

OIP.KYARl9HcqekBDrG-ov1-HwAAAA?pid=ImgDe

Here is a picture of the 2 pulley style , which until Tom above said something about, I didnt even know existed...

OIP.MWcNEspT6Oeqdg182Le81AHaGq?w=186&h=1

• 2 weeks later...

Got lucky, the original owner came through with the snowblower hitch and a bunch more parts. So I won't nee to go looking or make one either.
Thanks for all the help, guys!

• Like 4