Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
thedaddycat

Drive it till the wheels fall off...

thedaddycat

I need a new front rim for my 7112 h.

I I quite literally drove it till the wheel fell off or more technically fell apart...

KIMG1187.JPG

• Like 2

thedaddycat

KIMG1188.JPG

So I looked in the scrap brass bucket and tried to make a sleeve to adapt the 1" ID of the spare wheel from my AgriFab cart to the 3/4" axle shaft on the 7112. I had two brass sleevish things to work with... Alas, no go on this try, as the ID was still too big. Perhaps if I had a third one to sleeve the sleeve....

Still, I'm not giving up hope yet, as I want my machine up and running. In the meanwhile, I'm still not out of options with the Putt Putt...

Edited by thedaddycat

spi
19 hours ago, thedaddycat said:

I need a new front rim for my 7112 h.

I I quite literally drove it till the wheel fell off or more technically fell apart...

KIMG1187.JPG

Got about all you're going to get out of that one.

• Like 2

thedaddycat

Next try is a brass pipe nipple. The ID of a 3/4" is a tad loose on the axle shaft. Maybe my sleeves would take up the gap? We'll see. If they work I can adapt the AgriFab cart wheel to the 7112H until I can get a proper replacement wheel.

I don't mind trying and finding out what doesn't work, then sharing it with all of you. Like Thomas Edison is quoted as saying, "I haven't failed 10,000 times. I've just found out what doesn't work 10,000 times" or something close to that.

In the mean time, I'm going to get up at 0115 to go in for a double shift of 0300-1900. Then I get 8 hours off and go in for a 12 hour shift. There are only 12 guys to run the plant 24/7/365 so when one or two go down it puts the hurt on the rest of us to cover the shifts. On top of that, we're having a shutdown this weekend to fix things that can't be fixed while we're up on line. Then Tuesday I work days, get 8 hours off and another double shift. Great for the paycheck but sucks for time off...

Maybe I can get the tractors fixed and the ground prepped for planting on my weekend off....

Edited by thedaddycat
  • Like 2