Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

jdlenke

Simplicity Sunstar 20

jdlenke

I'm hoping I can ask this on this page since I don't seem to have access to "What it's worth".
I have a Simplicity Sunstar 20 with a tied up engine, however It also has a 60" mower deck, rototiller, front snow blade, and snow blower. I was wondering if there was a place I could find prices so that I can sell it.

thank you
Jason

MARK (LI)

Not sure what you mean by tied up engine...is it blown?....How many hours on it?...They are terrific tractors but never bring what they are really worth...I have seen them with around 1500 hours on a working engine with the deck and snowblower for  around $700

jdlenke

687 hours
Ran low on oil. Engine seized.
Everything stored in a garage until it failed in May and I set it outside to make room for a new one. All implements worked when I last used them. Has a new 5years ago front PTO. (that cost me $500 itself)

20210604_084812.jpg

20210604_084836.jpg

20210604_084908.jpg

20210604_085012.jpg

20210604_085047.jpg

20210604_085103.jpg

720nut

I'm not really into these Sunstar's but I sold one last year with 2 decks( 48 & 60" ) front and rear weight brackets and 9 suitcase weights for $850 , no rear pto. So assuning in the neighborhood of $2000 ( seized engine is really going to hurt you ) with attachments which are really worth more than the tractor IMO.  Just my $.02

Edited by 720nut

kwt

Brand new engine between $2000 and $3000. I would pay for the 3 pt hitch and controls because I own one of these and want the 3 pt. Other than that, these are not very popular tractors so getting top dollar will be a stretch. A John Deere 420 or 318 would fetch more money and they are comparable.