Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

dhoadley

You guys are rubbing off...

dhoadley

So I go to cut the grass at the rental property (the impetus for finding this group) and when I engage the blades on the A/C917H... nuttin'. I pop up the seat and watch the "bell" move to engage the belt, but nothing spins. I remember hearing/reading about electric clutch adjustments, so I look that up and nothing looks to need adjusting. I can't move anything by hand. So rather than start tearing stuff apart, as is my want, I decide to go simple. I throw the tensioner lever and start checking what specifically won't move. Deck turns, pulleys turn, ...wait a minute. The tensioner pulley is locked. I had moved it last fall to run a snowthrower for the first time, and had to put it back this spring. I remove it and switched a washer around to clear the snowthrower position tab better and... Success! The only question was how did it cut the grass last week being locked like that? I'll try not to think about it. Thanx, Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PhanDad
6 hours ago, dhoadley said:

The only question was how did it cut the grass last week being locked like that?

Murphy paid you a visit since you last mowed. 

• Like 3