Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The best built machine ever put on this green eart

mrc100_2000

I jioned this site some time ago and have have always enjoyed visiting.I have found more answers here then any other place I've have looked.I bought a 1964 landlord a couple years after I left the service,I found it in a old tractor junkyard.I paid $100.00 for it then,with nothing but a dozer blade and a set of chains.She wasnt pretty to look at but I needed some landscaping work done in my yard so I bought it. That was a turning point for me,that old girl never complained on me once,she always started and always gave all for me.I have since parted out the old girl,at the same junkyard I found a Allis b-1 with a 42 inch deck and not much else,I bought it and began my quest. My landlord isnt really a true landlord anymore,she has b-1 parts in her,but she is forgiving and still does what I ask without complaint(wish Icould build a wife like that),at present she sits idle and in pieces(many many pieces),awaiting as faithful as ever for my command to do my bidding.I have decided to restore this old girl because of all she has given to me.More than just the work but a common bond between two brothers which she made possible. Theres a lot more than iron in these old girls,theres a soul there too.If you search for you can find it too.I will hold on to this simplicity until the day that I die(then my son will have it.

What is it you need for your Landlord? I have a parts machine I got mostly for the extra sets of wheels that I'd be willing to give up for a restoration project. I use my 3310 V all the time, just got a Johnny Bucket, grader blade from Dutch, loaded lug tires and a few other goodies for it. I'm moving my yard around, and that "little" 10 HP tractor is doing just fine. These machines are amazing in how much they can do with the right implements.

I know what you mean! My 3410 Landlord is tired,but I can't just put it out to pasture. I couldn't even stand to have it stored outside. Now it sits resting in the garage,eagerly awaiting an engine transplant. Someday........

I'd say the best built machine ever put on this earth was named Raquel Welch. That machine is still in pretty good shape for being 60+ years old.

Brent, But she's even had body work and isn't all original... She had her belly button redone many years ago, before the 10,000BC movie or whatever it was called, plus who knows how many face lifts or other "tucks" since then... Probably using only her parts, though, with no donors... :<) Kent

Man it must have been a long winter. Raquel Welch and tractors.I never thought much about her soul or her face lifts.But if we are going there she is like my 4041 well built with lots of extras.Just a thought for the day. Ron B

Well Ron, you did say a day or two ago you still had your long john on. ALMOST hate to tell you I'm sweating in the garden in a pair of cut-offs today, gotta get them snow peas transplanted....MPH

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry havent gotten back to check on this,wifes tring to turn me into a goat farmer.I dont need any parts for my landlord,shes all there.I'm just going to give her a new coat of paint and put her back together,maybe some new bearings. I just finished blowing out the bevelgear box on my Allis 712h (again),put a new set of gears(new used ones) in the thing a while back.Didnt put in new bearings that was dumb.So my landlord gets them if she needs them.Still tring to get some paint though. Been using my 4040 to do my work now.Except for the onan motor I like that tractor,I got a 56inch blade,60inch deck,two ten inch plows, and a double gang disk and culivater for that.Some day I hope to have a tiller for it. My landlord has a few more attachments,I have been eyeballing a sickle bar mower.I want one of those babies,I keep the ditches near my home mowed.A hard job going down those steep grades with a mower.I cant stand long grass near my house. And the earth is too green.I'm colorblind and I can see that.But then again it aint johndeer green thank god.In case that was what you were referring to,(that just occurred to me) Everyone have a nice day.I'll try get back here more othen but when its nice outside thats where you can find me(usally on my tractor doing something so my wife says).

I love the analogy between Raquel Welch and Simplicity Tractors..........Both timeless American Beauties Mechanical things must not upset me.(repeat 100 times a day)

Scot see what happens to a guy when he has been around here to long.Tractors are a little like women, you have to treat them right if you want them to purrrr for you.---Ron B. Man it must be late?????