Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC "MFR" code location

Max_Half_Lap

I've owned a 1968 AC B-112.for about 3 years. Just got some free time, (job change), to work on it. Where do I find the MFR code, so I can register the thang here? Same goes for the ser# and engine ser#. I have found LOTS of numbers on LOTS of parts. Where do I look for these specifically? Any helps....helps. thanks, Max

If you're looking to add it to the registry, there is no direct MFR# for AC models prior to the early 70's. Use the catalog number instead, which can be found here:

https://simpletractors.com/research/cross-reference/ac-to-simpliicity/ac_s_pg1/

There is more than one catalog number for a B-112.  If yours has a push button starter switch I would use the lower product number and if it has no push button (later) I would use the higher catalog number. 

• Like 1

Chris727, Thanks for the info. Push button start...that is a start, (no pun intended, it just worked out that way).  Are there ANY pertinent numbers to look for? If so, where might I find them? It appears that certain portions of my tractor may have been painted over. I am trying to avoid scraping paint off a bunch of spots that may come up as a dry well of information. Also, I am trying to install, what appears to be a Simplicity tiller with AC guards, on my tractor and I would like to know where is the appropriate spot to post pics with questions about what may be missing on my tractor, drive pulleys, belt routing, etc. Any help....helps.  Thanks again for the quick response.

@Max_Half_Lap,

Welcome to the club. 

I moved this post to this forum so it gets wider exposure.  

As @Chris727 referenced above, you can use the cross reference table to find the equivalent Simplicity tractor for manuals.  

However, in the site's "Downloads" forum there are copies of the B-112 parts manual:

https://simpletractors.com/files/file/31-b-110-112-hb112-parts-book/

And attachments manual:

https://simpletractors.com/files/file/33-b-1-10-12-big-ten-110-112-attachments/

Then with the AC parts listing, you use this cross reference table to get the equivalent Simplicity part #: 

https://simpletractors.com/files/file/39-simplicity-to-a-c-part-numbers-vice-versa/  

On 5/18/2021 at 10:37 PM, Max_Half_Lap said:

I would like to know where is the appropriate spot to post pics with questions about what may be missing on my tractor, drive pulleys, belt routing, etc. 

This forum is the place to ask your questions with pics to help understand the question.

If your posting pics to show us your AC/Simplicity "stuff", then post in the "Show & Tell" Forum.

On 5/18/2021 at 5:28 PM, Max_Half_Lap said:

Where do I find the ... the ser# and engine ser#.

On my B-110, there is a sticker on the front of the dash tower just above the frame with the model and serial number:

nameplate01_a.jpg.882e3d58acf5045986cde976b778213f.jpg

On the 12 HP Briggs from an HB-112, the serial number location is on the side of the blower housing; it's in the red box in this pic:

IMG_4919b.thumb.jpg.f9828fd552666867bea399840f9ac25a.jpg

The 12HP Briggs in my Homelite T-12 from the same era has the serial number in the same location.  Here's a readable pic of it:

IMG_7356.thumb.JPG.968a1b720614e643b5ebda2d861b5adc.JPG

(tips hat to ya) PhanDad, thank-you VERY much for the help. Most of those spots on my tractor have "rattle-can accents", but now I know where to strategically scrape.

This is a big site. Lots to see. I am trying to figure out the organization of it, in 20 minute visits, as time allows. Thank-you, also,  for the tips on where to post, what.

I will try to get my tractor registered over the weekend and get some pics posted of my challenges.

• Like 1