Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hick

KwikWay Loader 0-rings?

Hick

The raise/lower hydraulic valve with detent is leaking. Took the housing off and the o-ring is flattened. Seems to be a weird size. 5/32 W x 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD.
This size is not in those "every popular size you'll ever need" assortments. (In fact, I've NEVER found an o-ring I've needed in those assortments!!) Nor can I find anything like it on the internet (w/o buying a thousand of them!)
Any sources out there?

720nut

Gary I have a complete set of seals o-rings for the cylinders but never needed any for the control valve.

I had Scott at Diuable Equipment here in Ann Arbor get all of mine , old AC dealer

• Like 1

Hick
3 hours ago, Bill725 said:

FYI, doing the math, 0.75" OD - 0.50"ID = 0.25"/2 = 0.125"W (not 5/32"=0.156")

That is 1/8", and way too thin.  It actually measures .14" thick, but that does not translate to anything normal!

TTDE419

If it helps, this is an industry-standard part number 206, so if you search 206 O-ring you should find what you're looking for.  For some reason, O-rings have a called out thickness of one thing but actually measure slightly thicker; for instance, that 200 series is called out as 1/8" thick, but in fact measures .139".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hick

I needed to replace a hose on it, so I went to a local hydraulic store. Got the hose made, then handed him the o-ring I needed. 5 minutes later I had two of them!

• Like 4

Hick
21 hours ago, TTDE419 said:

If it helps, this is an industry-standard part number 206, so if you search 206 O-ring you should find what you're looking for.  For some reason, O-rings have a called out thickness of one thing but actually measure slightly thicker; for instance, that 200 series is called out as 1/8" thick, but in fact measures .139".

Good to know! Then NAPA probably had it. But the counter person should have known that factoid!
From the hydraulic place the o-ring was 25.5¢ each (Yeah, that half-cent is a killer!). From NAPA or JD would have been ten times that!

Edited by Hick