Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Prognosis please

spi

I have been noticing the back end of this tractor sticking out of the lean-to behind this guys house for about five years. Never moved, just sat there. About two or three years ago the guy died, he was in his eighties. And still the tractor set there.

About two months ago I mentioned it to my wife and as she was the minister at the local church about 14 or 15 years ago she knew the couple and had visited them at their home back in the day.

Unbeknownst to me  to me she contacted their daughter in R.I. and she said for me to look it over and she would give me first refusal when she came up at the end of May. I looked it over, got it running and determined everything worked on it. and to make a long story short I bought it.

I now realize my wife is definitely an enabler, but my question is. Does this mean my affliction is progressing?

Oh by the way I think I will name it Old Joe as Old Joe Biden bought it for me with covid relief money.

DSCF0606.JPG

DSCF0607.JPG

DSCF0608.JPG

DSCF0609.JPG

DSCF0610.JPG

• Like 3

In my opinion, yes the affliction is taking full control of your mind and body......the best relief is found in obtaining more tractors...particularly older ones just like this one...I predict a temporary period of false comfort which will only be extended by getting more...this one should be named after your Saint of a wife who orchestrated this ...it sounds like she was so concerned for your health that she discovered this treatment...God bless her

EDIT:..BTW..I think you need a bigger fuel tank

Edited by MARK (LI)
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, spi said:

Does this mean my affliction is progressing?

I think you're a goner. 

Going up in size is probably not good;  I'm not sure if you can return to smaller.  One thing for sure, you'll run out of storage room in no time.  

And congrats on the "find".  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, PhanDad said:

One thing for sure, you'll run out of storage room in no time.  

Already there, wondering if i should buy a container or maybe build a three sided lean-to on the back of the garage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tadams said:

Are containers taxable, the lean to on side of garage is

That could very well be the determining factor.

• Like 1