Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mounting a tiller on a 7016h.

mbinwi

Hey guys.  I have a 30" tiller that's for a 738.  Is it worth the hassle to mount this on a 7016H ? or should I just use the 738. ?

Anybody done this before?

Thanks!

Mike.

In my experience tilling with a gear drive tractor is the better option anyway. It seems to me that the tiller pushes the hydro tractors, again my experience. 

I assume you have a 32 inch tiller.  It will be a bit narrow on the 7016.  I have a 32 inch tiller on an Allis 919H, and it will leave a bit of your tire tracks in the tilled garden on your last pass.

I have used tillers on the older foot draggers, to me the biggest drawback is starting in tough ground.  The clutch needs to be out for the tiller to run to work thru the top, then you have to stop the tiller with the clutch and get in gear, and then you start forward motion and tiller at the same time.  With the hydro you can run the tiller in, then slowly start forward as it continues to run, which is smoother and better at least for me.

Just my opinion, of course.

Steve

• Like 3

On 6/5/2021 at 9:48 AM, steve-wis said:

I assume you have a 32 inch tiller. 

He's got a 30" tiller for a 738. Its similar in some limited ways to the one that was with your 800 series tractor. 

Like bowhunt  indicated...would take ALOT of modifying to make that work(and even hook up to) a bigger Soveriegn style tractor. More headaches than its worth , if its even reasonably possible.

• Like 2