Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar Engine Swap

AC_TOY_BOY

AC_TOY_BOY

I have a Sunstar that the Magnum engine just died on.

I was just wondering how big a job to swap a Kohler Command engine into it  as I have one available.

Will it bolt right in, front electric PTO the same, Drivehaft to Hydro bolt in?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks, Bob.

Command PTO should be 2 wires instead of one. Ignition system is the same as for the switch. Not sure about mounting plate height or drill holes. I'd personally recommend doing a delete of the control box and wiring it like a 7100 with safety switches in line thru power to ignition to eliminate future problems. I did it on my Agco 1920 . I replaced Command engine and 1 week later the control box took a *** I lost ignition without jumping frame mounted solenoid . Replaced Solinoid and that fixed it for 1 day and problem returned with no power to PTO as well. Confirmed one neutral safety was good and I broke the second one trying to test it so I replaced both and wired out the control box. All my gauges still work fuel gauge does the usual bounce crap. Not sure if it's gauge but I assume it is as all other wiring was replaced except from plug point for rear harness. I would personally take the seat wiring and change it to rear lights and wire in the rear Pto switch while your at it.