Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve hitch for 17GTH-L

Guest nnick

Guest nnick

Hey everyone,

I'm new to all of this stuff, but I just bought a '92ish Simplicity 17GTL-L with a mower deck and plow in pretty good condition. I am interested in getting my hands on a tiller and landscape rake for this and so I'll need install a rear lift (sleeve hitch) on it.

Does anyone have any advice on what exactly it is that would do this job. Is it the #1690996 One Point Hitch, or maybe the hitch described in this post?

From what I under stand, this lift will connect to the mower lift wire to move it up and down, would that an additional kit?

All advice appreciated!

@RayS Ray makes the sleeve hitch. He does very good work and is reasonable. Not sure if he has the bushings but others on here do. Check Classifieds. Pay your dues this site is well worth it.

• Like 1

The hitch shown in UCD's post is known as a sleeve hitch (Simplicity calls it a "one point hitch"), it is used for a ground engaging plow and other "Brinley" attachments.  By "landscape rake" if you mean one of these:

KIMG1221.JPG

(Above pic by @thedaddycat) from this post: 

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/65910-i-spy-with-my-little-eye/

You need the sleeve hitch in addition to the "rear lift kit" (it's the upper item in the pic above - it's used to attach the sleeve hitch to the tractor and raise and lower the rear implement.   

However, the rear lift is all that's needed for a tiller.  Here's the parts involved in the latest version which was sold for your tractor (7100 series):

image.thumb.png.967231be17a3dcc528b3f7bcd6df805f.png 

There are also other older versions of the rear lift kit which will work for your tractor such as the MFG#1690045 (7000 series):  

7000Series_RearLiftParts1.JPG.fb813498adc5acb9581e246d61ba661d.JPG

7000Series_RearLiftParts2.JPG.279f51fedc60d4745ccc87d6331d9dde.JPG

There's a "hacked" one for sale in our classified ATM and I thought that @RayS made part "S" the rear lift bracket.  Simplicity still sells some of the parts and you might find a whole kit collecting dust on an old dealer's shelf.  @maxwood sells the double diameter set collar.

Here's a recent post about making a rear lift cable:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/65819-rear-left-on-the-7112/

And finally, you'll need this kit to keep the tiller drive belt from rubbing a hole in the hydro filter: 

image.thumb.png.a32f5c973dabb88462e045fcd6dd11aa.png

Edited by PhanDad
General edit
  • Like 1

Guest nnick

Hey @PhanDad and @hurleyii, thanks for all the useful information. I'm going to try to track down the rear lift kit, and also reach out to Ray to see if he has the sleeve hitch in stock.

8 hours ago, nnick said:

Hey @PhanDad and @hurleyii, thanks for all the useful information. I'm going to try to track down the rear lift kit, and also reach out to Ray to see if he has the sleeve hitch in stock.

I got mine from Ray. Fit without any problems.