Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Leveling the cuting deck

Hello, I have a 48" cutting deck on my 1971 Soverign. As my tractor sets on even pavement, the left side of the deck is about 1" lower that the right side...loking at it from behind. Are there any link's, etc that can show me how to adjust the deck back to level? Thanks, Dan

johnmonkey
I cut some small blocks of wood 1-3/4" and 2". Loosen the nuts that are on the rear of the mower deck (the one attached near the up/down adjusters). Use the adjusters (up or down) and the 1-3/4" blocks of wood placed at the rear side of the blade when the blade is parallel with the length of the tractor. The forward part of the blade should be about 1/4" higher than the rear of the blade so that is why I use the 2" blocks under the front of the blade. I hope this helps. You may also try to type in some search words to find more suggestions. Good luck John H

gretsch
Do you have the deflector shield in place? The extra weight on the discharge side (left) can make the deck lower on that side when in the raised position. The adjustments to a deck are done when the deck is in the lowered position so as the deck rollers are on the ground / surface.

Again, Thx!!! Actually, I run without the plate, etc. I mulch! I appreciate all the help, as usual, this club is the best! Thx Dan