Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112

StanLa

I think that it is the variable speed sheave. It appears to me that there should be a bearing on the outside sheave or on the shaft and when you adjust the variable shift and push it against the inside sheave, the bearing would allow it to turn. There is a yoke type attachment that appears to go over a bearing, which i'm guessing allows the sheave to turn freely.I don't have anything on the sheave or the yolk that lets me know that a bearing was there, it's just my guess

Sorry Stan, your right on the bearing. I was checking mine out while changeing to my lug tires and now think I know what your in need of. It comes as an assy and in my old AC book is part # 2027172. If you call Sandy Lake with that # I'll bet they can fix you up..MPH

I will scan the diagram of the variable speed pulley for my 3310 V and put it on the new clubhouse site. I hope it helps. Sorry, it said the file was too large to upload...

HI, I have been given very helpful info from this site before, and now I have another problem. I have rebuilt the bevel gear box, thanks to this site and I need help again. I didn't have much power to drive the tractor and heard some noise under the seat. I stopped the tractor and found smoke coming from near the rear wheel. I pulled the wheel and found the problem to be, apparently the variable speed adjustment.It appears that there should be a bearing for the adjustment bracket to run on but mime has nothing there and I just have metal running on metal.Does any one know how I can fix the problem and where I can get the parts. The grass is getting long and this is my lawn tractor. Thanks so much for any help that I can get. Stan LaLonde