Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 9020

ALLISSimplicity9020

ALLISSimplicity9020

Hi everyone,

I just acquired a Simplicity 9020 that does not charge.  It has the Onan CCKB-MS/2733J engine.  Does anyone have any parts diagrams that would tell what part number the stator and rectifier/regualtor would be?  I have not been able to come up with anything so far.  I have visited this site for years as I have many Allis and Simplicity mowers.  I guess, today I just decided to join.  Any ideas or help would be appreciated.  Thank you.  Happy Fourth of July.

• Like 2

welcome to the nut house (club) best place on the net,  are you wanting to keep it original or are ya open to putting a small external alternator on it , If so I have it documented on here 

• Like 1

ALLISSimplicity9020

Thanks 720 Nut.  I do not need to keep it all original, I just want it to charge the battery.  I will look up your alternator conversion.  That sounds like a good fix for this problem.

• Like 1

ALLISSimplicity9020

Thanks guys.  I am already looking for parts.  I’ll let you know how it turns out.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:42 AM, dhoadley said:

Thanks Dave , I always have trouble trying to find things on here , helps to have good friends who know this stuff

Will if you follow my build , keep in mind that mine was a dedicated loader tractor , however the hub will fit the clutch too. The alternator I used on this one was 70 amp, all I could find at the time. One wire Chevy mini Densco

You can also from what has recently been discovered is use a 20 amp stator from an Onan Performer & use the combination regulator rectifier.  This was just discussed at a tractor show this last weekend.

• Like 3

midnightpumpkin
On 7/13/2021 at 7:41 AM, CarlH said:

Kohler has a 25 amp recifier/regulator also.  Might be a bit less $$ than Onan.

The key is to have a stator that is compatable with the 3 terminal rectifier/regulator.

• 3 months later...

Yep, if the stator has two wires, you are in luck, and can use the 3 wire regulator/rectifier. (The two leads from the stator go on the outer terminals, the center goes to B+. I did this on my old CCKA that has the two wire Stator . ------Metalguy