Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Conquest vs Prestige

bruker1

I've been looking for a late model Prestige and have noticed that some late model Conquest have the same features at a Prestige, power steering, suspension, 52" fab deck and other feature found on a Prestige. What are the differences between the two models?

Comparing the spec sheets on the Simplicity website a quick overview yields this:

Different engines (86cc & 2hp different),  transmissions ( K66 vs K72) , rear tires (turf vs  fied trac),  decks( 50 vs 52),  seats(mesh vs cut.sew w-armrests), and around $1900 in price.

Otherwise they look to be the same basic platform.

On another note, heard that the big local area dealer was told by the company that the Legacy tractors were slated to be discontinued....

Legacy, or Legacy XL?

Answered my own question, only the XL is on Simplicity's  webpage.

Between the cost, and lack of support in the repair side not surprising.  Some parts are already NLA for a tractor that is only 15 years old.

It will depend on what model year you're looking at to some extent. My 2015 Prestige has the mesh seat and turf tires but these are minor differences. As Sam notes, trans and engine are the main items. 

10 minutes ago, GregB said:

Legacy, or Legacy XL?

Answered my own question, only the XL is on Simplicity's  webpage.

Between the cost, and lack of support in the repair side not surprising.  Some parts are already NLA for a tractor that is only 15 years old.

Legacy is already discontinued long time ago.  Its the Legacy XL thats  said to be slated for  being dropped.  I have the impression from what Stephen has said, and what I have also heard, that Simplicity is getting out of the sub compact market. Was hoping this was just chatter, but does not appear to be. Will know for sure  here in short order when the advertising for the 2022 lineup comes out.

If so, not really surprising all said, as the sub compact market has become pretty competitive in recent years.  Back in 2014 when I was pricing this class with loader and backhoe,  Simplicity was on the high side compared to all the other brands I looked at, being Kubota, Deere, LS, and Massey However, Simplicity had a number of pluses over some of the others.

Some dealers were told a months back that the balance of XLs were already off the line, and all were 4x4/540 units.  The production came up short of on-hand dealer orders, so many folks were cut and will receive fewer XLs or none. I want to say that was back in February. There was 1 or 2 members here working to track down the last XL for their collections. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1