Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wards twin twenty restore


s_stephen

Recommended Posts

finally got started taking apart my twin twenty for restoration here are some pics of progress so far.

20210705_193317.thumb.jpg.4cdb966ade3906c4204733e8ec3770c4.jpg20210705_193404.thumb.jpg.ba526fded94a8b2ee7652807a533c012.jpg20210706_210650.thumb.jpg.47615983d8a65aef1a7b83b5b90c26a1.jpg20210706_210659.thumb.jpg.d24e63daa7382f3ba75b110d1a7db5c8.jpg20210708_212459.thumb.jpg.318e656832d6ae945ef3d114a2712058.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing. 

You have a long way to go, but it'll be worth it. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, B10Dave said:

Have fun Stephen....that looks like quite a project.

it will be a fun one. seems like most of the powermax project's I get into are basket cases.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talntedmrgreen

Fantastic!  This will make one heck of a transformation. 
 

What serial number is yours?  I think so far we have a low of #2 and a high of #64

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

Fantastic!  This will make one heck of a transformation. 
 

What serial number is yours?  I think so far we have a low of #2 and a high of #64

#7020210705_193454.thumb.jpg.42c4cbef428b4ab40555c492485efb08.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talntedmrgreen

A new high watermark! That’s pretty slick. That’s a less common tag format also. I’m so curious on when they manufactured these tractors because it seems like there may have been a few different production runs despite how few seem to have been made. I suppose it was only a paint dept accommodation when Wards called for more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

A new high watermark! That’s pretty slick. That’s a less common tag format also. I’m so curious on when they manufactured these tractors because it seems like there may have been a few different production runs despite how few seem to have been made. I suppose it was only a paint dept accommodation when Wards called for more.

I wonder if they were a build to order tractor. maby they pre sold them and would only get the tractors they had sold so they did not have to sit on a inventory of them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

 

What serial number is yours?  I think so far we have a low of #2 and a high of #64

Have the serial number runs for Simplicity products always started with  the 1000 range.?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul M.Murphy

Once again I see a nice tractor when completed, I admire your tenacity 

taking on such a large job.

Paul

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paul M.Murphy said:

Once again I see a nice tractor when completed, I admire your tenacity 

taking on such a large job.

Paul

thanks Paul,

I hope to have it all tore down by this weekend so I can start preping parts for paint and get rear end in working order

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...