Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity Landlord 101 - 42" Mower Deck Information

Landlord101

Landlord101

Hello all,

I've got a Simplicity Landlord 101 (model 990351) with a 42" mower deck.  This rig was given to my son a few years ago and I keep it running and use it to mow weekly.  Lots of fun!

Question I have is are there any manuals for the mower deck?  Curious how to remove it, service it, adjust it, etc.  I have manuals for the tractor but haven't been able to find anything about the mower deck.  This deck is working fine at the moment, but one day ...

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

DP

IMG_4390_SM.jpg

IMG_4391_SM.jpg

Based on your last pic, the deck appears to be an early "bolt together deck" (or someone has done repairs with bolts rather than welding).  Based on it's yellow original color, it's an AC deck so it's a replacement deck, probably older than the tractor.  

See this post for possible info:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/65818-cross-reference-ac-to-simplicity-’s/?tab=comments#comment-526222

If the deck is a "bolt together" one, the MFG #990190 can be used to get both an "old" combined operating/parts list manual and the "new" style parts manual at the Simplicity Manuals site (link given in 4th sticky post a the top of this forum). 

Edited by PhanDad
added MFG# note
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well, finally getting around to this since the spindle drive belt went slack - Idler pulley bearing is seized and the rivets holding the pulley halves let go.

Very much appreciate your reply, PhanDad.  Got the manual and IPL off the simplicity site.  #990190 does look to be the part number.

DP

• Like 1