Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Deere at Indy

Half the cost of a JD is coming straight from advertising evidently. My neighbor just bought a JD "lt 130" or 133 or something like that, It dont look any different than the "yardman" tractor down at the fleet store. And yet he comes up here heckling me about re-doing the landlord and yeoman??? that little yeoman is twice the cutter and its over 30 years old. Theres not hardly a piece of plastic on it. Dougm

AGCO918
I do on my agco918 .I can mow up to 7 mph .That is fast enough to mow anyway. You buy the name with the green ,plus they are the most over rated on the market because of the name and green paint.DONT get me wrong ,green is ok but not god of the market.MY agco /simplicity is the BEST IN bussiness.I have mowed with green ,they are ok but simplicity/agco has the best tractor period with the patented mower deck system and is better than any green on my own oppion only. AGCO918

Herb, Ok, you got me there, a goat could mow faster than the little yeoman and its humble hi/lo tranny. However, I have learned to enjoy lifes slower moments, the SIMPLE things. A yeoman does that to a guy. I guess i dont feel like an indy racer maybe the puller guys want that. I retract my "plastic" statement, the end of the throttle, vinyl seat, gascap. Dougm

BradW
Guy's, don't take me wrong, you all know I like Simplicity, but I have to say that an 80's JD 400 is a good machine..... While I am working on my 3415H (grrr have been workin on it for over a year, still won't crank!) he has been having me use my relatives JD 400. Has a 24 HP kohler 2 cyl one of those quiet series motors (Sure is nice when you mow for 2 hours even though it has a 60 inch deck) The machine goes 12 MPH (huge tires like a case lawnmower). The only bad thing about it is the mower engaugement and the fact it doesn't have a Simplicity deck, I for one am a Simplicity fan, but have faith in old JD 400's I just wish our Simplicities were that quiet.,-BradW

thedaddycat
ATTENTION ALL CLUB MEMBERS... I am currently arranging a package deal for this event. For the low low price of $495 you get to see Dutch scare little old ladies while saluting his deere neighbors. Package price includes everything except transportation, lodging meals, and lawn tickets to the event

Dutch
Brad, Nobody is "knocking" Deere tractors. In fact, very few of our members "knock" other brands whether "premium" or "department store". I'm only poking a little harmless fun at the JD owners. They seem to be the ones who look down their noses at anyone who doesn't own a Deere. The point is, it costs big bucks to advertize on programs like the Indy 500. Those costs are passed on to the consumer. I don't want to pay for something that means nothing to me. When I mow my lawn I just want to relax and have the machine do a good job. If I wanted to pretend I was an IRL driver, I buy one of those little pedal cars and race around the neighborhood.

Herb, if you happen to race the pedal car around the neighborhood, could you please post a pic of it. We would love to see it! It wouldnt look much different than me on the yeoman. Brad, We have a fleet of Jd mowers were I work, 2cycles, diesels, your right, they are a good machine, im choking, and gagging while i write this, but yes they really are. My "green" neighbor would love to hear me say this but thatll never happen. he doesnt have the internet, knows nothing of this club. Dougm

Dutch
Doug, Sorry, I don't have a Deere pedal car. How about pictures of my F-16 pedal car with me pretending to be a fighter pilot? Boy, does that scare the old ladies as I come "whooshing" down the sidewalk with the digital sound effects of a jet engine and machine guns. I even give my "Deere" neighbors a one finger salute as they unsuccessfully struggle to get a Simplicity cut with their green machines.

Ive got a feeling his "post-molar" days are going to be very interesting. Ill take the travel package to see Herb only if he agrees to wear a ww2 aviators cap and goggles. Doug

simplejim
dont get me wrong when i first got my simplicity 700 i didnt know anything about simpicity/allis garden tractors but now im hooked these are some of the best built old garden tractors there is but im also a jd fan and proud of it i have been around and owned old 2 cylinder jd farm tractors all my life and they are some of the most reliable farm tractors ever built plus they have great traction[8 n ford will get stuck on wet grass]but were talking garden tractors i used to have a middle 60s jd 60 mower it was built heavy pure steel and iron and it was juust a little down shaft mower as far as the ew deers go look at any new model of any brand and look at a 60s model no atter what brand they just dont make them like they used to... simplejim

arjr111
I like to poke fun at the JD crowd as much as the rest of you guys. Truth is if someone wanted to give me one, or even sell me one at a fair price, I'd probably go for it......but, that just won't happen...cause, we all know green is gold.....Art