Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got the herd out today

steve-wis

Got the new ag tires remounted on simplicity rims and on the Allis 919 today, and set up the plow for upcoming plow days.  While they were out, got some pics of the bunch as it is now.

Looking at the fronts, on the right is the 627 used for mower duty, then the Agco Allis 918H which is the winter snow plowing rig, then the Allis 919 which is now my plow day horse, and on the left is the Sovereign with cab and blower for winter blowing.

Looks like they are all ready for their respective jobs except for a few oil changes this fall.

Steve

thumbnail_IMG_1408.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1409.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1410.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1411.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1412.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1413.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1414.jpg

• Like 5

Hard to believe, that driveway was sprayed three weeks ago and it all died.  That stuff really grows well here in hot, humid Iowa!

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 4:19 PM, steve-wis said:

That stuff really grows well here in hot, humid Iowa!

Steve

I'm thinking that if it's that persistent I'd just have to mow my driveway.

3 minutes ago, SmilinSam said:

First of August and you are already fixed to plow snow .....

What are ya tryin to tell us Steve ??666

I went to an antique boating meet Friday and noticed several trees starting to turn color.

7 hours ago, SmilinSam said:

First of August and you are already fixed to plow snow .....

What are ya tryin to tell us Steve ??666

Ahhh that we're supposed to have a running tractor and functioning attachment for all jobs is what I'm picking up on. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spi said:

That or a can of gas and diesel mix with  a hand full of matches ! That's how I clean my blacktop driveway cracks after I pull the weeds! 

Harley, that gas and diesel mix idea might just work, the spectracide we have been using is about useless, going to round up now.

Sam, the winter tractors are always ready, i never remove the cab or blower and almost never take off the blade from the other one.  Harley is right, it is nice to just get on the one with the proper attachment when you need it.  The 919 won't have the brinly on it all the time, I am retiring the end of October and am thinking that might be my first ground-up tear down and restore.  

Steve

• Like 3

8 hours ago, steve-wis said:

going to round up now.

Be careful, I wouldn't expect that stuff to be any safer than Agent Orange!

• 2 weeks later...

Steve...I am new to all of this so forgive me if I ain't doing this correctly or in the right place.

I recently acquired an AC 919H and currently hunting a service manual. I cannot seem to find one just for the 919H but only a Series 900 that only goes up to the 917H. Is this the correct manual.

The Operators manual I have does include the 919H.

Also, where can I look up the model and serial number? (1690642 / 001360?????)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.!

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

I went to Simplicitymfg.com and entered your tractor number, (1690642), and all I can find is a parts manual and an operators manual for the 7000 series Simplicitys.  I really don't know about a service manual, maybe someone else on here can help out.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Steve

The A/C 917 is the same as the Simplicity 7119. In 1981 there were (2) Mfg. Nos. 1690638 & 169640. In 1982 thru 1986 there was only (1) MFG. No. 1690638.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:23 PM, Tim Graham said:

I recently acquired an AC 919H and currently hunting a service manual.

This version covers the MFG# of your tractor, but not the serial#:

image.png.408d51055a0edd85ab8bf09f2b0b0b3b.png 

image.png.4df924cf85556ed5f4736753cae7253d.png

There is one of these manuals available in the "Downloads" forum, but I'm not sure if it's the same version.  

(You must be a dues paying member to access to the Downloads Forum.)

• 1 month later...
Justplaintim

That’s a nice looking herd you got there Steve.  I hope one day to be able to have an implement for each of my tractors but then you gotta have a few without implements to just cruise around on.