Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Former Tractors

720nut

Just wondering if any of you are or were able to keep tabs on tractors you've sold over the years ?

All that I've sold just seem to disappear , private collections ?  just curious , anytime I've bought I always wanted to know the history behind them. Just curious I don't see them anywhere.

My first large-frame was a non-running A/C 414S w/deck. Father and son bought it for a pulling project. I've seen it pop up on CL twice since then. Looks exactly as I sold it.

Edited by dhoadley
  • Like 1

A 3415 I fixed up  years ago and sold  showed up at an auction a couple years ago. Bought it for $30 , repowered and sold it again...

I think the same guy that bought the 2012 hydro conversion  at auction still owns it...

@MDB I believe still owns the other 2 hydro conversions I did  (HB116, and HB-110) 

I sold a cheap Legacy to a long time friend of mine  I've known since JR hiigh school. Fixed it up for his dad to run since running a mower was all he could do after a stroke.  His dad passed away earlier this summer. He is now mowing a little with it. I have been doing most all the maintinance on it for the last 3 years

Stephen has my dads old 712H I passed on to him.

Ed England still owns and operates a 90's Landlord I once had.

I sold a 3314 w B series tiller to the wifes  nephew. I bought it back last year ( 15 years later) ( had been sittin out in the weather on a pallet for the last 10 years) Wanted the tiller arrangement. Gave the 3314 to  @B-16_IC who may still have it...

Loads of others I have no idea where they are now....

• Like 1

Former tractors?  Who ever disposes of a tractor??  dOd

I still have my first 716H that I bought used in the early 80's.  Worked her hard and had two heart transplants and now ready for another.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Talntedmrgreen

I have had so many, I couldn't possibly remember owning them all much less where they went.  A handful pop to mind quickly, but others I enjoy seeing in old photos and remembering.  Some were nothing but a hassle, others were cherished. If I see a photo of one I owned, the whole story usually comes right back to me. 

Interestingly, I was at Fastenal today picking up the latest “prize”, and the young man working the fork truck asked me if I had ever used their service before.  I shared that I had been there a few times over the last 7 years or so.  I save most of the freight forms in a file on my computer and just checked after returning home…I have 111 of them, and they do not include the pallets I shipped OUT.  My smallest was a single weight, and my largest was this behemoth. 

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Edited by Talntedmrgreen
  • Like 1

I have one a hb112 sunstrand conversion I had done and sold 14 years ago and I actually bought it back this spring but it is in sad shape and missing parts from when i had first built the tractor. I will get some pics tonight when I get home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

here is the hb112 sunstrand conversion I bought back earlier this year. in the condition I bought it back.20210812_205608.thumb.jpg.6805b72a12fb11bfdbff3bf7e7633fd6.jpg

seat is ruined, rear tires are not how I sold it. it had deep dish wheels  and ag tires, missing lights, hydro lift,and Nelson muffler that were on it when I built it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I've been planning on selling my restoration project since I began the project. I had no intentions of it taking this long or doing any of the upgrades I'm doing now. I'm not sure now though and I think I'd cry if my tractor came back like that to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hurleyii said:

I've been planning on selling my restoration project since I began the project. I had no intentions of it taking this long or doing any of the upgrades I'm doing now. I'm not sure now though and I think I'd cry if my tractor came back like that to me. 

it is amazing how people can just ruin a pice of equipment. 

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
Justplaintim

Being new to the garden tractor scene   Are those hb’s hard to find. Those look like my kind of style.   

• Like 1

Justplaintim

Thanks PhanDad.   That wasn’t hard to find at all.    I just clicked a couple of buttons and there it was.    I think the hard part would be paying for one though.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1