Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AGCO 2025 fuel issues

720nut

I'm having problems getting tractor to start, it will start but suddenly quits and will not refire.  I take air and pressurize the tank and it will start and run, after it's set a while it does this all over again.

Have any of you experienced this , fuel pump bad ?  I assume I have to remove the valve cover to get pump off, never worked on these newer engines so not familiar with them.

DSCN4223.JPG

2 hours ago, 720nut said:

I assume I have to remove the valve cover to get pump off,

Yes, here's what the inside looks like:

IMG_8353.thumb.JPG.674cc7bbc2d299d5fc749cf4a8f99f11.JPG

But before removal I'd remove the fuel hoses and see if you can get to the check valve assemblies, there might be something in them preventing them from seating.  (It doesn't look like you can get to them from the bottom)

• Like 4

Would blowing back thru them with air maybe do the trick ?

I've never played with this style so not really knowing what to do other than replace

• 2 weeks later...

I blew air back to the tank and also the pump , didn't notice anything that was blocking fuel but may remove the tank when time permits and give it a good cleaning.

Bill where are the check valves you are reffering too ?  Kind of dumb when it comes to this newer stuff.

I've had to blow air into the tank last several times I've used the tractor, then it runs fine till I need it again

If the tractor has any age to it, I would , while I am working on it, replace the fuel line.

On my prestige the fuel flow difference between the old and new line was readily apparent. Was the last thing I tried , and it fixed the problem of constantly starting and dying..

Just sayin, it may or may not be part of the problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 720nut said:

Bill where are the check valves you are reffering too ?

Circled in red:

IMG_4622b.thumb.jpg.dcc6d7ad5c4c086b680cd732d17f4ab1.jpg

I'm thinking that's the only place they can be. And they have directional arrows on them.  (Inlet arrow tip is rubbed off from Sovereign hood of my first 75th)

• Like 1

Thanks Bill , guess I'll pull it apart and see . I did blow air thru it and it has run decent last time out , at least it started and continued to run with no issues so we'll see what happens.

Also noticed that the screws on mine are on the inside to remove so cover will have to come off.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up digging taters with it today , ran good after blowing air thru lines to tank.  Started and stopped many times today and not one issue so looks like I need to remove and clean the tank and like Sam says will replace all the hoses when I do.

I do have one slight problem though :  it's setting beside my 620 and anyway ideas started popping , Legacy with 620 sheet metal ??

• Like 2

On 9/4/2021 at 3:22 PM, gwiseman said:

Lloyd, I didn’t know you still had a pwr max type. 

well I didn't but a long time friend showed up year and half ago at a pull and said he had 2 and made me an offer I couldn't refuse, only thing is they both need starters or at least a bendix or selonoid 

one of the 3 is getting a diesel transplant when time permits, other 2 not sure what there fate may be yet.

Edited by 720nut
  • Like 3