Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tire question

BillyBigBass

BillyBigBass

I’m pretty sure I know the answer but I’m going to ask to be sure. I currently have 18.5x8x8 turf tires on my Regent. I’m buying 20x10x8 super lugs. Will these work on the rims? Thanks for any response. 

You can go to the tire manufacturer's website and look up the recommended rim/bead to bead width. The second number in the tire size is the tread width. Normally the rim width can be equal to the rim width or 2" less.

• Like 3

BillyBigBass

Thank you for responding to my question!! I ended up putting 20x10x8’s on the wheel and it has just enough clearance. I wonder if this size tire was originally called for. The 18x8.5x8 seemed small and not industry standard. I don’t know. Sure looks and feels better with wider tires on her. It’s a Agco Allis branded Simplicity Regent. 

2 hours ago, BillyBigBass said:

Thank you for responding to my question!! I ended up putting 20x10x8’s on the wheel and it has just enough clearance. I wonder if this size tire was originally called for.

Probably not given that factory clearance has to figure in a set of tire chains.. If you say its just enough for the tires, then I doubt you would get chains on.

I know that later Broadmoors have used 20" tall tires from the factory...

BillyBigBass

No, no chains with this one. I thought that I had read a Simplicity model had them. I think the Broadmoor is a bit more stout than the Regency. Thank you for responding!! I do like the bigger tires.