Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ac 716 chute frustration

AllisChalmers716

AllisChalmers716

My Allis chalmers 716-6 has a 42 inch deck and im very confused on how to put the chute on. I doesn’t seem to fit anyway i try it just seems like it is the wrong shape any way i put it. I tried to do it the way the manual said but still didn’t work! It is very infuriating getting your butt kicked by such a small part! :( Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by AllisChalmers716
misspell

Pictures would help. Is this the "toe protect" extension on the deck, or part of a leaf vac system? I'm not experienced with either, but pictures would be a big help to those in-the-know. Welcome to the site and good luck, Dave

Edited by dhoadley
  • Like 1

There may be the possibility the chute is for a 48" deck & not a 42" deck.  I'm pretty sure they are different.  That's assuming the original chute was lost throughout the years & a different one was purchased later.

Edited by ShaunE
  • Like 1

The transition piece from the deck to the hose for a bagging/collection system is called the boot.   And there is a difference between the 42" and 48" decks, and the old decks and the newer style decks with splined arbors.  Also you could have one for a right hand discharge deck.

Edited by MikeES
  • Like 1

Either bent up, wrong size, or wrong vintage.  The “crease” thru the top center hole doesn’t look right.  

Many of us run without them.  Might be original owner took chute off and passed it along and deck was replaced at some point. 

Usually (but not always), 16HP tractors came with 48” decks. 

AllisChalmers716

I believe it is a 42 (48”outside length) and I believe it os original to it because”DM” is scratched into in and it is many places on the tractor. But the deck may not be on this tractor much as i have a snow plow for it and would like to weight it up and use it to plow.I failed to mention that this thing has bigger fish to fry,the bevel Gear box is in shambles.

Admitting defeat is the hardest thing to do lol.

I am pretty sure that is for a 48" 

My 42" of that vintage does not look like that. Has 1 hole iirc.

I will take a picture of it saturday. 

That one does not look to be close to the right one. Even if it was bent you would still see the correct creases. 

Throw that chute in  a corner for future fabrication needs! Beyond thatbiys junk!

On 9/3/2021 at 3:02 PM, tadams said:

If you have a peice of mud flap from a truck they make a nice flexable cute that if you hit something it's forgivable