Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7116 front pto?

damon91

When I was a kid my dad bought a 7116 to replace a older 1970's simplicity.  I believe he kept the snowblower from the old simplicity to run on the new 7116. I can remember that it had 2 pto levers one on each side and he said the one was only for the snow blower.  From what I understand the snowblowers made for the 7116 tied into the mid pto. Im guessing that the older snowblower was made for front pto?.   Did they make a front pto kit like a cone clutch that ran off of a lever on the other side of the mid pto lever? Has anyone ever seen or heard of such thing? I am currently fixing up a 7116 that is just like the one my dad had.

Thanks

Yes, if you mount a front clutch kit on either a 16hp Briggs or Kohler, a blower with a hitch from a 700 series (two pulleys)  will work.  the Front clutch was on the right, the Cone clutch lever would be on the left.

With the 7116 you could go with either set-up depending on the blower and hitch you can find.  Belt length on the front clutch might be different between the 700/7016 and the 7116 setups due to frame length.

Someone else will probably chime in on this, I hope.

• Like 1

I've never installed it but I actually have 2 front clutches one is complete from a 3415s equal to 700 series and the other is just what's left of the front assembly that mounted to the engine on my 916h. I personally have no use for them and if you want to have a 700 series I have a 710 I may be willing to part with. But you have to save it. What I agreed to when I got it.

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't actually need one as I don't have any attachments for it. I just was curious, and wondering if I was remembering things correctly. Ill post some pics of the machine when I get it back together and cleaned up.

The snow thrower is the same for the front pto and the center pto drive.  It is just the hitch (the piece that goes between the snow thrower and the tractor and has the appropriate pulleys).

• Like 1