Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kwik Way Loader oil?

Hick

1972 Sears / Kwik-Way loader, currently has ATF in the system. Seems to be a bit weak.  

What was the original recommendation on the Kwik Ways?

Would 30 wt. be good?

I do not know exactly but, FYI, the FDT 412 loader specifies 10W30, and the Legacy XL Kwik Way loader uses ATF type F. The fluid specs are normally determined by the pump manufacturer.

• Like 1

Pretty sure the old one I used to have used ATF too. Could be your control valve is leaking by the seals inside ...or the pump could be getting worn.

• Like 1

I have the kwikway self leveling unit that I believe was designed for a Sears based on pictures I've found online of Sears catalog . Can't tell you what was in it but I can tell you it was not atf

13 hours ago, hurleyii said:

I have the kwikway self leveling unit that I believe was designed for a Sears based on pictures I've found online of Sears catalog . Can't tell you what was in it but I can tell you it was not atf

I see no reasoning why standard hydraulic oil can't be used in these loaders. I changed mine shortly after aquiring it and used ATF only because that's what I had at the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I modified a Kwik-Way (for Wheel Horse) to fit my AC416 (see on my user name pic) it is also self leveling with both the Bucket and Fork attachments. I use standard THF "Tractor Hydraulic Fluid" from Farm & Fleet or TSC for about 10 yrs with no trbl... Good Luck

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GLPointon said:

I modified a Kwik-Way (for Wheel Horse) to fit my AC416 (see on my user name pic) it is also self leveling with both the Bucket and Fork attachments. I use standard THF "Tractor Hydraulic Fluid" from Farm & Fleet or TSC for about 10 yrs with no trbl... Good Luck

Glad to see ya back, that is one beautiful tractor

Edited by 720nut