Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
wibm

value of a 7016 hydro w/attachments

dreaco_99
Well, since I paid $1,700.00 for my '75 7016H, it sounds like a half decent deal. Granted mine was rebuilt and has a few more attachments, but since you can easily find attachments that bolt right up to it, I don't think you've got too bad a tractor there. As long as you've got something good to work with, as stated above, why not?

wibm
Over the weekend I looked at a 7016 hydro w/36" tiller, 48" deck, and a snow blade. Starts right up, no smoke with the b/s engine. The tiller shows some wear on the tines, but the garden he worked up looked good. Its a little rusty around the edges and the asking price is $750. My question is, what should I double check, and is it worth that kind of money? Thanks in advance for any advice or input. Wayne

HubbardRA
I have an AC716 (same tractor except engine and paint). I love it. Build mine from a $150 piece of junk. I don't have a tiller, and I wouldn't take twice that much for mine. I think $750 is a very good deal. Drive the tractor. Check the operation of the hydro. Also check out the operation and sound of the mower deck if attached, to see if bearings are good. Remember the big ticket items on any tractor are the engine and tranny. Rod H.

SmilinSam
make sure and get under the tractor and grab hold of the driveshaft and see if there is any play at the bevel gear box. You don't want any up/down or side to side play, Some backlash in the gears is ok as long as its not excessive.

dlsven
I think that is a great deal or it would be here in Oregon. I have a 7116H that sat outside for 3 years in a JD dealers lot. When I got it the steering was frozen, no steering wheel, no gas cap, etc. I got it running with help from some members of this club. I think these are great tractors and I just wish mine was in better condition but it does the job real well.

Scotmo
I'm thinking $750 is a bargain. Engine and tranny are key, if they are good buy it and run like a thief in the night . Enjoy your good fortune! Mechanical things must not upset me.(repeat 100 times a day)