Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

a hobgoblin

dav-1

sorry i don't have any pics to back this up. i found a landlord on fb marketplace last night and drove 150 miles to get it this morning. well, it looks like a '64 or '66 landlord but...the tag on the seat pan says Squire 10. the seat pan, grill and hood are simplicity yellow. the rest of the tractor and the deck look to have been gold once. the tiller and the front blade are ac orange. i am not familiar with the Squire line at all. i always thought it was an off size like the barron. the gas tank is yellow and looks to be water-tight! someone previous made it into a dual hydraulic lift setup. the hydro pump looks to be the round tank unit but the controls are gone. there is a jack-shaft to route a drive belt so there are actually 2 drive belts between the motor and the pump. 2 spool valves are mounted where the single handle used to be. the original hydro cylinder is in place operating the cross shaft. the rod for the rear lift is gone and a cylinder is mounted on top of the trannie to operate the rear lift. i would have said it's factory except there is a hole under the gas tank that is rather rough to gain access to the jackshaft. i had thought to return it to original hydro but i would need another dash and battery shelf so i will get it running and leave it as is

grabbed a light and checked out the rear mounting points; definitely old FDT style. paint is that bronze-gold except the hood seat pan, grille. someone did a***of a  lot of work to get this thing to work. hope i can get it running before the Flywheeler's show in November