Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Engine Sputters/Misses after Warming Up

Have you checked to see that you have good fuel flow at the carb? Look in the tank to see if something is floating around and blocking the opening. SS

Still having trouble with the 10 hp Briggs in my 3110. Rebuilt the carb- went thru it twice rechecking everything. Begins to sputter and miss after it warms up- about 10 to 15 minutes. Will not adjust out with the high speed and idle adjustments- I think it’s something beyond the carb. I’ve installed a new plug and new coil (electronic ignition) - not much more I can do there. Flywheel key in good shape. I plan next to pull the head, check valve seats, springs, etc. Any other suggestions before I dig deeper? Thanks for any input.

I would replace the condenser first. If the problem persists, I would check the coil. Get an in-line spark tester and observe the spark when the problem begins. Pat

Don't overlook the possibility of an air leak developing at the intake joints as the engine heats up. Bill