Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 920 Diesel Help Needed

fennewald21

I purchased an Allis Chalmers 920 with the Lombardini diesel and the engine is missing the front cover. I can not find one anywhere and was wondering if anyone would have one or have some advice of where to get one. Is there any non running Lombardini engines that I may be able to buy one off of? Thank you so much for the help in advance!

IMG_20211003_191959353.jpg

Welcome to the club.  

I can't help you with parts for your diesel engine, but hopefully someone here can. 

If the front cover has been removed from the engine, I would suspect a problem.  It might be more cost effective to re-engine the tractor.  There are numerous options.  

As to finding a cover, I suggest you place a want ad in our "classifieds" forum and check this post about tractor junkyards:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/66235-garden-tractor-boneyardjunkyards/

You could also check for other owners of the 7790 tractors in our "Registry" and message them about parts.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fennewald21 said:

I purchased an Allis Chalmers 920 with the Lombardini diesel and the engine is missing the front cover. I can not find one anywhere and was wondering if anyone would have one or have some advice of where to get one. Is there any non running Lombardini engines that I may be able to buy one off of? Thank you so much for the help in advance!

P.M. Sent.

• Like 1